Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Afternoon,

set up some Nokia's for work and got the EAS policies set up correctly on the Exchange server but some of the policies don't implement on the devices, why is this?

Lock policy worked, email synced. For eg.I tried disabling the camera through the policy but it didnt block the camera on the phone. How does it work?

thanks
    Weird part is the EAS policies that worked on WP7, now don't work on WP8! - they say it's better security ;)

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    Camera disablement wasn't supported with WP7 either. Remember, each EAS version is an addition of the previous EAS version, but strangely older EAS policies may not work with the phone unless you have a newer version of Exchange. i.e. Exchange 2003 has EAS 2.5, but a lot of EAS 2.5 features won't work on Windows Phone unless you have Exchange 2007 or better. It is kinda strange, but the best idea is to keep your Exchange version up to date.

Global Posts
    1,655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misterRafter View Post
    Afternoon,

set up some Nokia's for work and got the EAS policies set up correctly on the Exchange server but some of the policies don't implement on the devices, why is this?

Lock policy worked, email synced. For eg.I tried disabling the camera through the policy but it didnt block the camera on the phone. How does it work?

thanks
    What version of Exchange are you on?

Global Posts
    1,655 Global Posts
    Never mind... doesn't look like any version supports it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    You can find a list of supported ActiveSync policies for each mobile operating systems here:

Exchange ActiveSync Client Comparison Table - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

The list has not been updated for WP8 yet, but from the looks of it "Disable camera" was not supported in WP7 so I expect that it's also not supported in WP8.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Exchange 2010