Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Absolutely love the new Reply with Text option that came with today's update. In fact it's even better than on iOS as you can have the option of fully customizing the pre-set text messages, whereas on iOS the customization is only partial (which never made sense to me).

So excited to get the update on my Lumia 920, though on iOS you could go into settings and set a fully customized message as well.

One thing that I have noticed is that you can only reply with text if the number calling is in your contacts list. I don't remember whether this was the same on my iPhone, and I don't know how it is on Android, but I don't understand why Microsoft chose to do it this way. Surely there might be a situation where I may wish to reply with text to a number that is not in my contacts list.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Great feature! I had this with my Nokia N8, but you could decline ANY call with a text message, and wasn't limited to contacts. I'd wager that this feature will be expanded to all calls for WP in a future update.

Hopefully, we will get this functionality with 7.8 as I'd love to be able use it on my Lumia 900.

Where can I get this WP8 update?

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Orange View Post
    Where can I get this WP8 update?
    This feature was part of the Portico update that was rolled out a couple of months ago.

too bad you can go back to answer the call if you decided not to send the text. :((((

I have a problem when I try to Reply with Text. When I attempt to send a text reply to a contact that is a Linked contact (as in I have linked the contact with Facebook, Exchange, and Hotmail contacts) it wants to send an email and a text message. I essentially send a group message and my phone comes back with a "Cant Send" error I am assuming because it cant text to an email. I assume I can correct the issue by deleting the email in the senders list but that is another step and can get annoying.

Is anyone else seeing similar experiences?