- 12-09-2012, 03:17 PM #1
I'm assuming it does, since it's Windows.
I know on a Windows PC the registry can get kind of full of crap after a while that makes the computer run slower etc. and it's good to clean it out with CC cleaner or a similar app.
Does anyone think that may apply to Windows Phone as well? Like, if you install a bunch of apps to try them out, then delete them, are they leaving crap behind in the registry?
I wish Microsoft would just evolve beyond the need for it altogether. I've never heard anything good about it.
- 12-09-2012, 03:36 PM #2
Yes, the registry Is there. That being said, XP (and earlier) gives the registry a bad name. There is really no reason that a system-wide settings list is inherently bad.
That being said, it's my understanding that Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 apps are not allowed to touch the registry because they are completely sandboxed.
- 12-09-2012, 03:42 PM #3
I didn't know windows phone had an "antivirus" I just went to a site and was transferred to another and a windows pop up (phone) came on and said windows antivirus has stop something of something from damaging your system in ie
- 12-09-2012, 03:49 PM #4
- 12-09-2012, 04:02 PM #5
- 12-09-2012, 10:25 PM #10
12-09-2012, 11:09 PM #12
- 246 Posts
- 12-09-2012, 11:42 PM #13
- phone identity
- location services
- photo, music, and video libraries
- data services
If anything, it could be the malware.
- 12-10-2012, 09:10 PM #15
- 12-12-2012, 10:11 AM #16
I guess that's possible. I didn't think it would react the same way on wp8 since its a new os. Because it actually said Microsoft antivirus something has detected a malicious something on the site and then the red IE warning page popped up.
- 12-12-2012, 10:45 PM #17
- By Basti1900 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 06-28-2012, 08:19 AM
- By J4rrod in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 16Last Post: 04-29-2012, 03:43 PM
- By konaitor in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 5Last Post: 04-20-2012, 07:53 PM
- By CSI Guy in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 04-02-2012, 10:36 AM
- By lildanny2096 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 03-07-2012, 01:40 AM