- 12-08-2012, 11:27 PM #1
Perfect OS? Nope. Perfect hardware? Nope. Glad I have a WP8 device. Yep.
The reason being is it is just darn cool. Different and something that will be big over time.
I still use iOS because I need Square Up and I'm a mod for TwoSpoke.com and we've got an app so it helps me stay on top of my Fitness Forum duties. That's where I'm cheating you Big D5!
While dated, iOS is still good. But, WP is new and exciting and has pretty cool things on the horizon.
So with that said, why do you WP?
For me, one of the biggest draws is the live tiles I have of my wife and daughter on the home screen. It's like I get to hang out with them all day! Plus, the 920 camera has been awesome at capturing picks of the Wee Little Human.
What are your reasons? Lets get some positive mojo up in here and spread some WP love. Whether you 8x, OG Focus, Trophy (remember that one?), Surround or Lumia, share some good vibes about why you like your phone!
And yes, this is on my iPhone because my Lumia is feeding while it naps on the wireless charger!Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
- 12-08-2012, 11:36 PM #2
as far as what i see when i unlock my phone, My WP8 is the perfect blend of iOS and Android. There's these nice organized squares that give me quick access to what i like but these squares are live so its like also having widgets.
12-09-2012, 02:23 AM #3
- 151 Posts
Because of the flipping nature of the Live Tiles, Windows Phone is like having a beautiful gal winking at you everytime you unlock the Start Screen.
Its sinfully narcissistic but I love it ;)Sent from my Windows 8 Atom-powered Asus Vivotab Smart Tablet
- 12-09-2012, 02:30 AM #4
Because I'm so used to using Windows I want to have everything surrounded by Windows. Just like those with iPhones usually have a Macbook and a iMac, iPod,iPad. I want to have my Windows laptop with my windows phone with my windows tablet. Everything works so seamless. Especially now that it connects with my Xbox.
- 12-09-2012, 04:44 AM #5
Because there ain't no phone out there that can keep up with my speed of scrolling left, right and centre. It has a life of it's own and I don't need to talk to it to feel like we are connected. I just have to look at it ;)
12-09-2012, 05:10 AM #6Wee Little Human
- 546 Posts
Why I like WP8?
- The way facebook/skydrive/etc works with my Gallery, letting me have access to view all my pictures on my device
- PhotoBeamer, letting me show said pictures with anyone almost anywhere
- The way fb/etc works with the Me-tile, keeping me up to date
- The way the FB chat works with the OS (some have issues with this, i havent seen it myself though so Ill put this in here as a positive)
- The way the homescreen and UI works in general; it feels coherent, not patchy like Android or industrially boring like iOS. Its really fast and responsive.
- The very fact that my white Lumia 920 is probably the most stunning smartphone to date, aestethically, does add a bunch.
- The display of the 920 is also a HUGE pull for me. And the fact that its not AMOLED, which adds a bunch to my WP experience due to white theme now being a real option.
- Wireless charging. Ridicolously smooth.
Im sure theres more, but thats what I got so far :P .
12-09-2012, 05:12 AM #7
- 36 Posts
WP embodies one of my favourite design criteria - Simple, but elegant. Information is front and center, and does not need to be dressed up in faux leather or wood. WP is original and is not trying to be like something else (wink Android). To that degree it is in-charge of its own future.
- 12-09-2012, 09:18 AM #8
The UI is the biggest attraction for me. I've tried everything else out there and the typical field of icons thing just didn't do anything to inspire me. I'm a big fan of Mac OS X, but I've never had an iPhone because it just didn't excite me. I tried Android and found the huge variations between styles in the apps and even in the OS itself disconcerting.
Windows Phone just kind of "spoke" to me the very first time I used it. The live tile interface just seemed much more intuitive than anything else I'd seen on another phone. I am also attracted by the simplicity and minimalism, the minimum number of steps to just about any process.
Everything else is secondary to the UI for me.
12-09-2012, 10:10 AM #9
- 111 Posts
I've been using an iPhone for 4 years and absolutely loved it. Then all of a sudden it began getting boring for me. iOS 6 brought too few changes, and the iPhone 5, although being a beautiful handset, is not that different to the 4/4s. Since I have an inherent and unexplainable dislike of Android, I decided to look into WP, and was immediately smitten.
I love the fresh looking UI and the live tiles. Functionality it's still a some way behind iOS, apps wise it's light years behind, buy I love having something new, something that very few people have. I could wait a year and let the WP grow and develop, but I love the idea of growing together, of getting excited by each update that comes out.
- 12-09-2012, 10:50 AM #10
I decided to get a WP because I was bored with iOS and Android; IMHO, Apple has ceased innovating their mobile OS ("...and in this version, the Settings screen has a steel gray background!"), and Google is trying to get Android to put EVERYTHING in their mobile OS ("...and in this version, the front-facing camera has eye-blink-morse-code recognition!"). WP is fresh and new and innovative and different. When my upgrade was up, I started looking at the Lumia 900 but decided to wait the 2 months for WP8 and the Lumia 920/820. I'm glad I did.
I love WP8 because it's gorgeous, sleek, fast, and doesn't hold to the same old smartphone tropes that do iOS and Android; it dares to do things differently. And it does everything I need. Sure, it's got some issues, but those issues don't affect me. I like the way it works. :)
- By Mokonoko in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 49Last Post: 09-06-2012, 03:55 PM
- By HeyCori in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 5Last Post: 04-25-2012, 12:52 AM
- By KarateDad in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 02-23-2012, 04:06 PM
- By DontHate707 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 02-22-2012, 05:20 AM
- By dtaylor77 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 05-18-2011, 11:59 AM