Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hi. From my iPhone I am used to backups that save all data, apps and even the data from all apps. For example whatsapp messages, game level status, ...... Is it possible to do backups like that on windows phone 8 as well or is the automatic SkyDrive backup the only way?! Thanks

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Not possible or does nobody know? :\

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnride View Post
    Hi. From my iPhone I am used to backups that save all data, apps and even the data from all apps. For example whatsapp messages, game level status, ...... Is it possible to do backups like that on windows phone 8 as well or is the automatic SkyDrive backup the only way?! Thanks
    No you cannot do that. They don't even restore your start screen configuration. you cannot restore with WiFi - only on cellular network, you can only choose to restore when first set up your phone. You cannot have multiple backups. Operating system settings will be selectively restored - not much. It's pretty useless compared with iPhone (no experience with Android backup so cannot say that). By the way not like windows 8, games' progresses are not synced.

Yes, that SkyDrive backup is the only way.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thanks. That is disappointing!!!

Apps can be designed to save data into the cloud so that upon restoring from a backup logging into them restores your data from their cloud or from SkyDrive, but a full image backup solution is not present right now