12-07-2012, 12:06 PM #1
- 187 Posts
I was checking my settings on outlook.com today and noticed a seemingly new section in the options called 'your email accounts'.
This is where you can manage your aliases and other mail account linked to your your outlook account. One of these is a default 'from' address. Now, this is not new but reading the description it says "You can choose the default address for all your outgoing email. This will also apply to email sent from devices." The bolded part is new though, as before it only applied to outlook.com itself.
I think this an nice development as it means that I can now sent e-mail from my alias on my phone instead of using my actual MS account which I prefer to not use for sending emails. Obviously, it would be even better if you could choose your 'from' address when sending mails, but it certainly is a step in the right direction.
12-07-2012, 01:43 PM #5
- 203 Posts
Heh, thanks. Knew i was missing something.
Actually I have a few questions about the options here. I can add a new alias, but what about an email address which i already own? Its another outlook address, so it should play nice, but I'm not sure if I should be adding it under this as a "send and receive" address or is there somewhere else I should go to merge them?
And how about another non-Microsoft email address? If I add that, what will happen? Don't want to disable it or cripple it in some way.
Any help would be appreciated! I know this probably isn't the best place to ask but seeing as we're on the subject... 😄
- By mtmjr90 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 178Last Post: 05-07-2013, 07:32 AM
- By jmerrey in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 10-29-2012, 05:43 AM
- By scottcraft in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-16-2012, 05:42 PM
- By kj_wp in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 08-05-2012, 10:06 PM
- By hardywang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 08-02-2012, 08:23 PM