Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hi.

As I can see right now, there is no opportunity to restore from backup just through the system menu.

So I have reset my phone and when I try to login to my microsoft account (in phone setup process) I have the following problem:

Where I live I have 4G network, but the APN setup in my SIM doesn't allow internet access over 4G. (I had to change the APN manually before)
    --> So I cannot login to my account and load the backup, as I am not connected to the internet cause of the wrong APN setting on my SIM card.

I mean, I can drive around until I have worse reception, but thats not exactly a solution!? Or is it the only solution?!

Hope someone can help me with that issue!!!

Thanks, Nik

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem.. I'm a bit confused what you're talking about with driving around for poor reception as a solution? What do you mean by this?

Yes, being unable to restore via WiFi is one of the many lame designs of windows phone 8 restore. If it's any consolation, it doesn't restore much - live tiles will not be restored, majority of the system settings will not be restored, none of app settings will be restored - pretty much nothing will be restored.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Uh, yeah, you can actually restore via WiFi (or so I have done, have limited data).
    When they require you to sign in to your MSFT account, choose the Later option, and Later everything, then after the phone is set up, go to Settings > email+accounts > Microsoft account, and sign in now (when you're on WiFi)

Quote Originally Posted by jiayit View Post
    Uh, yeah, you can actually restore via WiFi (or so I have done, have limited data).
    When they require you to sign in to your MSFT account, choose the Later option, and Later everything, then after the phone is set up, go to Settings > email+accounts > Microsoft account, and sign in now (when you're on WiFi)
    No, it's not restore - the only time that the option to restore appears is after login to Microsoft account during the first set-up.

I had a similar problem this morning, as my cellular connection at home is very basic (it timed out a lot), and at work it's non-existent. I actually had to park in an industrial estate on the way to work to restore my phone! Hope they improve this with the next set of updates.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    So go somewhere with WiFi, take the SIM out and reset the phone. It'll ask you to connect to a WiFi network to restore.