Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Giving Windows Phone 8 a shot with a gorgeous yellow Lumia 920 and I'm trying to find a decent Twitter app. The official one has push notifications, which is nice, but it falls flat on other things like not having the option to Reply All.

Rowi Lite is kinda meh, so I'm looking for other suggestions.

I come from loving TweetBot on iOS, which is the only one thing I love from that platform. The app is beautiful and it has so many shortcuts, swipes and taps that it's very fast to use too.

On Android, after searching for months, I finally found Tweetings, which comes very close to TweetBot, so now I need to find something on WP8 that I can be happy with.

I would like push notifications, tile update for mentions (which Rowi does), inline images and lock screen notification.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Coming from Tweetbot (iOS) Rowi is the best/closest Twitter app IMO.
    brmiller1976 likes this.

I prefer Mehdoh. Clean and simple with a lot of nice settings options. Really lets you customize your live tile and such.

Global Posts
    1,499 Global Posts
    My preferences have always been rowi and mehdoh. I've been beta testing the wp8 version of twabbit, and it's quite awesome. I'm not sure when it will be released, but I can't imagine it will be very far off since the beta seems so stable.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Mehdoh is my favorite too. It is not yet updated for wp8. the developer is having issues with updating the app.

Mehdoh is currently not available in the marketplace but can be had from a link in their twitter profile. @mehdoh is the name if anyone would like to try it.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Are any of you guys running WP8 for mehdoh? If so any issues? I'm seeing their site says its buggy..

I'm a big fan of Cowlick! from Liquid Daffodil. Give it a try, you may be surprised by it. The UI is great and has lots of options.

Cowlick! | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Rowi for WP8! I use Tweetbot on my iPhone 5 as well and find Rowi to be extremely fast and responsive.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    1,499 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianLTE View Post
    Are any of you guys running WP8 for mehdoh? If so any issues? I'm seeing their site says its buggy..
    I think the issues are with the instagram and soundcloud support.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Mehdoh.
    Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)
    Firmware: 8.0.10517.150
    Network: Tele2 Sweden

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I'm unable to install Mehdoh on my 920. Trying from the site and the market place. Hopefully a WP8 version will hit soon.

Quote Originally Posted by brianLTE View Post
    Coming from Tweetbot (iOS) Rowi is the best/closest Twitter app IMO.
    My sentiments too.

Quote Originally Posted by havanahjoe View Post

I would like push notifications, tile update for mentions (which Rowi does), inline images and lock screen notification.
    Try out Gleek, lots of customizations and all your requirements, responsive developer.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    Mehdoh has been my favorite since it arrived because of its simple (but awesome, if you think about it) layout. Rowi and Gleek both try to imitate the layout of the built-in email app and leave a lot of horizontal space wasted for the tweet content. I really dislike it.

Mehdoh supports Pocket (Save for Later), inline images (could improve this) and overall has nice customizing options. It is the best for reading tweets IMHO.

MeTweets just got updated to support WP8 and its great. I don't like how the "action" menu layout or design when you tap on a tweet but its a minor detail.
    Thanked by:

As of right now I use 5 Twitter apps: Rowi Lite, Mehdoh, Gleek, Twabbit and Cowlick. I use Mehdoh the most, but it's not updated for WP8 yet so it tends to crash quite often.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Last edited by CamiKitti; 12-07-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Mehdoh was my favorite for a long while, but I've been using MeTweets for a couple months now because holy dang is it faster than any of the others I've tried when it comes to updating and, prior to fast resume support, opening in general.

I'm using Rowi right now.

I like Gleek too, but for some reason it's not properly saving my place when it updates new tweets right now.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Mehdoh is my primary at the moment. But, I also have gleek which has a ton of nice options and I'm finding Twabbit to be pretty darn good too. I'm gonna give MeTweets a go and see what's up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    Mehdoh has been my favorite since it arrived because of its simple (but awesome, if you think about it) layout. Rowi and Gleek both try to imitate the layout of the MeTweets just got updated to support WP8 and its great. I don't like how the "action" menu layout or design when you tap on a tweet but its a minor detail.
    Thanks! Trying MeTweets now and so far it looks great.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Metweets or Cowlick

Do any of the apps mentioned stream the tweets as they come in? I'd like a twitter app that I can run while my phone is on my charging stand on the desk. I'd like it to keep the phone from going to sleep and stream the tweets real time instead of having to click refresh.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Rowi all day long.

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    I guess I'm a lightweight Twitter user, but I'm totally happy with the WP8 base integration. :)

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ridges View Post
    Do any of the apps mentioned stream the tweets as they come in? I'd like a twitter app that I can run while my phone is on my charging stand on the desk. I'd like it to keep the phone from going to sleep and stream the tweets real time instead of having to click refresh.
    Mehdoh, Twabbit and MeTweets do this. Checking through gleek, I don't think it does and I'm not sure about others.

Following ajua's recommedation, I've been using MeTweets since yesterday and I absolutely love it. It has easily taken over from rowi as my favorite twitter client app.

One problem that I've noticed with it is that my timeline does not seem to automatically refresh when launching the app, with a manual refresh needed. I sent an email to their support this morning, and to their credit and to my surprise received a reply in less than an hour, telling me that this was indeed unexpected behaviour, and that they will work on a fix.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast