Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Hi all.

Can anyone tell me how the **** I get the Facebook app to realise I don't have seven unread notifications. The damn live tile just will not update correctly, and I've constantly been getting the same toast today for the same notification. It's annoying the **** out of me, but I don't really want to have to disable the notifications...

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    View the notifications, then back out of the app using the back arrow....
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Simple in the end. Thanks!
    At least you get notifications, my facebook app won't even show me notifactions on the tile or lock screen.... Annoying as f***...

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willybraatlund View Post
    At least you get notifications, my facebook app won't even show me notifactions on the tile or lock screen.... Annoying as f***...
    Probably stating the obvious here, but have you gone to the "push notifications" screen in the settings of the FB app and enabled "Toast and Tile Count" in the drop-down menu and checked all the checkboxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    Probably stating the obvious here, but have you gone to the "push notifications" screen in the settings of the FB app and enabled "Toast and Tile Count" in the drop-down menu and checked all the checkboxes?
    Yup, even tried re-installing the app. And also reset my phone (had a major issue with no notifications at all). Still won't work, and it annoys me because I often have new notifications, and I only notice them after opening the app.

I have the same problem on an htc 8x. No push notifications to the Facebook app (either toasts or tile count) but push notifications to other apps seem to work as do the wp8 built in Facebook features like chat. I've tried reinstalling the app, turning the push notifications off and then on again, checking the settings in the Facebook website (privacy, app etc) and compared every settings screen to a friends phone where the push notifications work fine. I agree with willybraatlund - it's annoying as f***!

Anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this? Push notifications work fine to my iPad and Blackberry. Could either of these devices be causing a conflict somehow?

Exactly the same issue here. Facebook insists on not notifying me about anything. Tried everything.