Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Hi everyone im curious if there is a way to change how emails arrive on my nokia lumia 920. I noticed i will get an email, and when i open it all the pictures will read "Tap to Download". Is there anyway or setting i can set to have my emails automatically download all pictures so when i open the email up its already fully downloaded pictures and all?

I would also like to know the answer to that

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I don't think there is such a setting

sadness :( i really hope there is someway to fix this in a update later down the road.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    There's no way to change it. I believe it's done as a security feature, and, to conserve data.

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    Fix implies broken, its by design to conserve on data usage, however, I do agree that an option would be nice and why it doesn't when on WiFi I have no clue lol
    Thanked by:
    svenhassel likes this.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Right, it is done for data and security purposes. I don't want images coming up on my phone that is linked to some shady stuff after a stupid friend clicks on a link in gmail that says click here and we will send you 1 million from your long lost uncle.

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desertstriker View Post
    Hi everyone im curious if there is a way to change how emails arrive on my nokia lumia 920. I noticed i will get an email, and when i open it all the pictures will read "Tap to Download". Is there anyway or setting i can set to have my emails automatically download all pictures so when i open the email up its already fully downloaded pictures and all?
    this has to do with security type used in WP and BB no way around it

the reason the phone does this... save on data, and speeds up on push notifications... it's better off this way... you wouldn't want 7 days of junk mail taken up all that space on your phone.... full of ads...

ah gotcha it makes sense. No biggie just spent some time fiddling around with it last night looking for a setting to change it and could not find one, thanks everyone for your help and answers!

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsUpDNC View Post
    Right, it is done for data and security purposes. I don't want images coming up on my phone that is linked to some shady stuff after a stupid friend clicks on a link in gmail that says click here and we will send you 1 million from your long lost uncle.
    never considered security but a very good point

I think there is a work around if you add the sender's email to your address book? Something like trusted contact and the images then show up? I will try to confirm this.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    How about a "Trust all email from this address." option?

Any news on this?
    I get an email full of pictures but they are also links, when I click on them to download pictures the browser loads and I get taken to the site. How do I read my email?
    Thanked by:

Outlook 2013 for windows pc allows to add a sender as trusted. And then on all the images from that contact will always be downloaded. That would be great to have on wp8 email. This also annoys me.
    Stuart R likes this.

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    i have to agree..
    i've bee using the 928 since my Z10 got water damaged, and i'm very disappointed in this "download images" nonsense.
    Thanked by:
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    The tap to download is there for good reason. Most people do not have unlimited data, and downloading the images and other attachments automatically puts the use of your data in the hands of the people sending you email, including spammers. Even people you trust sometimes can add large attachments - attachments that you may not wish to download to the phone, so trusting by sender is a different situation than trusting by sender on a PC. Making attachments download by tapping the images is a wise decision.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    May I say Ikalinin- well done for digging this thread and using the search function on this forum to bring up a year old thread! You are now one of my favourite members on WPCentral ;)

A worthy first post on WPCentral, welcome! :)
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Quote Originally Posted by ikalinin View Post
    i have to agree..
    i've bee using the 928 since my Z10 got water damaged, and i'm very disappointed in this "download images" nonsense.
    it does suck! I always have to tap on the pics to see them sometimes it doesn't work. Wish there was a work around. I would not mind seeing my email pics with out having to tap on them first so lame. It takes up to much data? How much really?
    Because that one tap is so difficult, and takes so much time and effort? Really??

The reasons for tap to download are good ones, and outweigh the difficulty of tapping one image.
    - Rich

I agree data and security concerns make it a good option to now download pictures automatically. However, it should be a user changeable setting. I really would like to see an option to turn it on or off somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    Because that one tap is so difficult, and takes so much time and effort? Really??

The reasons for tap to download are good ones, and outweigh the difficulty of tapping one image.
    It does outweigh the difficulty for tapping one image. However what it does not outweigh is the easy to implement option for allowing to bypass this for those that actually have some wits and don't have an email address commonly spammed with untrustworthy pictures.

My old phone didn't suffer with not having images blocked, why should my newer one die a horrible fiery death without the feature enabled.
    I would suggest that if tapping one image to get them to download is too hard and/or inconvenient for you, then perhaps you've chosen the wrong phone OS.
    - Rich

So you're answer to that it could be an easy consumer option, is instead to ask anyone who disagrees to leave?
    My answer is that I agree with Microsoft's implementation of this security feature.
    - Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast