- 12-04-2012, 09:27 AM #1
Has anyone else encountered this scenario?
You are on a call and want to check an email or a website while still on the call. As you are doing said action, it jumps back to the call screen. I have a Lumia 920 and I asked my sister to replicate on her HTC 8X on Verizon and it is exhibiting the same symptoms. Just curious if this is isolated or not.
- 12-04-2012, 09:55 AM #5
I was on the phone with AT&T about them charging me $450 for a Lumia 920 I ordered online and then cancelled (a whole other story lol) and I kept trying to go back to my Bank of America app to get information and it would bounce me back to the phone screen. It took me about 5 tries to finally get it to stay on the app long enough for me to get the info I needed. Pretty annoying. But like the other little bugs out there, I have faith that Microsoft will make it right, so I'm not going to get too upset about it.
12-04-2012, 10:37 AM #6
- 552 Posts
- 12-04-2012, 11:14 AM #9
12-04-2012, 11:47 AM #10
- 338 Posts
hmmm, CDMA doesn't allow voice/data simultaneously. it may have it in the settings but the network (Verizon) wont handle it, thats why at&t advertises this feature so heavily, Verizon has more 4G LTE but at&t allows voice/data at the same time, pick your poison lol
- 12-04-2012, 12:17 PM #13
Sprint and Verizon can do SVDO if the Qualcom S4 SoC is being used in the phones. Other examples include the GS3, Evo 4G LTE, LG Viper 4g LTE, and a few others. All on 3g with voice being on 800 and Data being on PCS1900.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 23346b76f
- 12-04-2012, 12:26 PM #14
- Global Ready™
- Simultaneous Voice and Data
- Mobile Hotspot with support for up to 8 Devices on 3G or 4G
- Wi–FI: 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- NFC– Tap and Share with other NFC devices; Tap and Pair with compatible NFC Bluetooth Accessories
- Advanced Security features include: BitLocker device encryption, Information rights management, App sandboxing, Code signing, and Secure boot
- Embedded ringtones, vibrate alert and silent
- Voice input– make a call, launch an app, send a text, take a note, find something online, and lots more
- Supported Languages: 50 (some via download)
- Virtually limitless contacts (limited only by 16GB on–board memory)
- Text, Picture, and Video messaging with threaded feature
- Calendar, Alarm Clock, and Calculator
- Assisted GPS E911 and GLONASS
- TTY Compatible
- Hearing Aid Compatibility–M4/T4
12-04-2012, 01:13 PM #15
- 993 Posts
- 12-21-2012, 10:44 PM #17
12-22-2012, 02:02 AM #21
- 217 Posts
I'm on Rogers and a 920 and multitask really well looking for stuff while on cellular call or using Skype calling... Like I do find I go back to the call screen sometimes and I assume I just hit something wrong. Now I'll just watch if it is indeed the sensor as reported above!
- By LuvMyLabs in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2012, 02:30 PM
- By lrm5oh in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 14Last Post: 06-11-2012, 04:09 PM
- By sos710m in forum HTC HD 7 / 7sReplies: 4Last Post: 12-07-2011, 12:49 PM