- 12-03-2012, 03:08 AM #1
A friend is thinking of buying a Windows 8 Phone. Now i know Twitter lists doesn't work in People / Me Tile. He has a lot of lists on Twitter which he follows (tech news, celebrities etc.). I told him he can create groups on WinPho and put it on as live tile and he really liked the idea. I have a few questions before i give him a go ahead.
1. How many people can be there in a group ?
2. How updates work in Group live tiles on home screen ? Say there are 8 people and 5 have updated twitter status and 2 have uploaded new pic etc. Now will it flip through all the updates on the live tile without going inside the group ?
- 12-03-2012, 07:41 AM #2
don't quote me on this, but i believe the max in a group is 30, I'm roughly 75% sure of this number which leaves a 25% chance that i am absolutely talking out my a** lol, as far as the tile updates, it does flip thru the latest action of all group members, keep in mind that if, lets say 2 members posted something new today then it will only cycle those two updates, again dont quote me on this, this is just what i have experienced
12-03-2012, 09:56 AM #5
- 10 Posts
I have never seen my live tiles on the start screen cycle through updates from groups. I have 4 group tiles pinned, 2 for facebook and 2 for twitter all with the 25 max contacts. They all only show the most recent post that happened in that group. Now if you were to pin each individual contact to your start screen they would all independantly update.
- 12-03-2012, 10:29 AM #7
Well if it doesn't cycle through all the updates then it defeats the purpose of so called LIVE Tile. 25 Max people is actually pretty less. MS really needs to make this number go north.
If there is a group with 8 people 5 posted something on twitter and 3 posted status / updated picture it should cycle though everything on live tile.
Looks like he has to buy the phone to find out lol.
He actually have a lot of blogs related to celebrities and tech so he gathers latest info from twitter and Google News etc. He loved the way OS feels and how fast it is.
- By 1jaxstate1 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 11-30-2012, 10:11 PM
- By mkr10001 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 06-17-2012, 05:58 PM
- By jmerrey in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 01-20-2011, 10:01 AM
- By RevDog in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 12-11-2010, 06:20 PM
- By raremage#wp in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 12-04-2010, 10:41 PM