Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    So when i download an album on my surface RT, it shows up on my lumia 920 automatically, but when i download on phone, it doesnt show up on my rt in my music app, how do i add my phoen to the managed devices?

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    goto xbox.com. Login. Click My Account on the top right. 3rd column from the left is Device Management. Bottom link.

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    goto xbox.com. Login. Click My Account on the top right. 3rd column from the left is Device Management. Bottom link.
    ok so how do i add my phone as one of the devices>?

Do you have the option selected on your surface to download music that's downloaded on other devices?

Once you download a song it should become a device. IF you already have 4 devices, you reached your limit though.

Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    So when i download an album on my surface RT, it shows up on my lumia 920 automatically, but when i download on phone, it doesnt show up on my rt in my music app, how do i add my phoen to the managed devices?
    the music on the cloud, or the "cloud collection" as shown on your phone, cannot be managed by windows phone. To add music or manage them, you need the windows 8 app, music. Everything you downloaded on your phone will not be added to your cloud collection, therefore will not show up on your windows rt's music app.

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    Ok so it sounds like everything MUST be managed on either RT or a PC/Laptop, dl from those will go to windows phone, but downloads on windows phone will not go to RT auto.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    There's an option under preferences in the Xbox music app that is disabled by default. Enabling it ought to automatically download any music added to your collection from another device.

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renster721 View Post
    There's an option under preferences in the Xbox music app that is disabled by default. Enabling it ought to automatically download any music added to your collection from another device.
    Dont have an issue with downloading music on my RT and going to my phone automatically, i figured i can download songs on my windows phone through the store and it would go to my RT using cloud, apparently that isn't the case.