Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Reflexx

I made a new live account when I got my Nokia Lumia 920 because I didn't remember the email that's connected to my gamer tag, then I found the email through my Xbox but now I can't figure out how to sign out of the live account I made...

Thanks in advance ..

You have to do a hard reset to switch microsoft accounts.

I like to sing with gusto when I sing out of a live account. My song of choice is normally "Never Going to Give You Up" by Rick Astley.

But if you want to sign out... then yeah, vedichymn was right. You have to do a hard reset and start all over.
    Thanked by:

Haha I'll do that tonight, but if I hard reset it, do I have to download all of the apps updates all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by manunitedfan5 View Post
    Haha I'll do that tonight, but if I hard reset it, do I have to download all of the apps updates all over again?
    You have to download apps yes, but they will be whatever the current versions are at the time of download.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

Quote Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
    You have to download apps yes, but they will be whatever the current versions are at the time of download.
    So i don't have to worry about extras + info ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance
    Hmm I would think the store would prompt you after seeing a new version in the market vs. what's on your phone, but it may not happen right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    I like to sing with gusto when I sing out of a live account. My song of choice is normally "Never Going to Give You Up" by Rick Astley.

But if you want to sign out... then yeah, vedichymn was right. You have to do a hard reset and start all over.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Thanks, Dude - I really needed that laugh. Got something really heavy on my heart today, and I needed that one.

This is a good question - let us know the answer. Since it goes into the settings, I'm wondering if it is firmware. If it is firmware, then it would not be rolled back. This hasn't been done on WP7, so I can't tell you the answer, but I'd like to know the answer.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Yes, but you have to pay for the apps again because you had changed the live account.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMavC5 View Post
    Yes, but you have to pay for the apps again because you had changed the live account.
    Ah, yes - that's true - if you had paid apps, you'll have to repay if you change live accounts.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Just use your Xbox to switch your gamertag over. WP Central has a tutorial, a little different but still works.

Thank you everyone for your help, and CJ thunder do you by any chance remember where I can find the tutorial?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, I figured out how to change the email on my Xbox but before I finish the process it says my new email is already associated with a gamertag (on my phone)

Uh oh, that fubars things a bit...

I didn't have a gt associated with my @outlook account when I switched my gt over from my @msn account.

Is the site/xbox/phone saying you have two gt or on your Xbox will it not allow you to switch?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Thunder View Post
    Uh oh, that fubars things a bit...

I didn't have a gt associated with my @outlook account when I switched my gt over from my @msn account.

Is the site/xbox/phone saying you have two gt or on your Xbox will it not allow you to switch?
    MY Xbox says I have a gamertag associated with the email I am trying to switch it to(which is on my phone)..

What i did I created another live email account to change the gamertag that is connected to my phone to (so it won't have a gamertag connected to it) then change my actual gamertag to the email on my phone.. So I tried to do that and everything went good till the last step when I hit change email, it tells me it can't switch it at this time and it tells me to go to Xbox.com/accountswap for more info..

And from wwhat understood, I have to have the gamertag active for a month before I am able to switch it to another email...so I have to wait about 3 more weeks...

Very ccomplicated lol

Just an update, its been more than 30 days (that's the requirement) and I am still unable to move my generic gamertag from my live account that's associated with my phone.. Has anybody been in my situation and found a solution? I would highly appreciate the help...

Yeah that should have worked after 30 days. Double-check here for an answer, if not, contact MS support (bottom of this link) and see if they can help.

Change Microsoft Account | Xbox Microsoft Account | Xbox Windows Live ID - Xbox.com
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
    Yeah that should have worked after 30 days. Double-check here for an answer, if not, contact MS support (bottom of this link) and see if they can help.

Change Microsoft Account | Xbox Microsoft Account | Xbox Windows Live ID - Xbox.com
    I iinitially looked at the website and that's how I found out about the 30 days rule, but I guess I'll have to call and see what's up..

Thank you very much for your help.