Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By pieman666
  • 1 Post By berty6294
  • 1 Post By WOAHesco

This is very important so please vote, its quick. I'm surprised it isn't already done!

Turning off SMS Notification toast

and

Disable Text Message Preview when Phone is locked
    I agree. Its nice for when you're with people and not having the text shown to those around you?

YES!!! Been begging for this! A SIMPLE option...

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Not sure what the big deal, unless you're hiding something from a significant other.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

If you are at work it's not always desirable for them to know that your daughter has forgotten her PE kit, or that your wife loves you, or that your bank balance is -£3000...
    aubreyq likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pieman666 View Post
    If you are at work it's not always desirable for them to know that your daughter has forgotten her PE kit, or that your wife loves you, or that your bank balance is -£3000...
    Very true. Every other app asks whether you want toast notifications or not. Why not text messaging??? There have only been a few instances where I wish I could have been able to turn of it. A couple of those times was with my boss sitting at my desk.

Device: O2 HTC Windows Phone 8X 16Gb

Its not quite the same, but you can if necessary suppress each notification by swiping across it left to right.

Not a perfect solution I know but it might help in some cases.
    Do you long for a little app that would change your day? Let me know!

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pieman666 View Post
    Exactly. I don't know why the first conclusion people reach is that one is trying to hide a love affair from another person. There was another thread about this and that was one of the first comments. Silly, if you ask me.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    It's really hard for someone to read my phone while its in my front pocket.
    Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,667 Global Posts
    My opinion is that I could care less if someone reads the first 5 words of a text I receive.

But I know some people do and this should definitely be made an option
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Hiding something from a significant other was the first thing that came to my mind lol I keep mine either in my pocket or at my desk, so I guess I just handle my phone differently than some. Not attacking anyone, this seems a bit silly to me. I'd rather at least have the option to enable/disable this feature since I don't mind notifications and texts being visible.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,667 Global Posts
    Now that I think about it, when I was showing off my new phone to my friend, his girlfriend sent me a winky face kind of text...

It was a very awkward situation but it actually happens to me quite frequently. :|
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts
    The first thing that pops into my mind as I read this thread is, "what are y'all doing that people in your office see a text message as soon as you get it?" On top of that, if I got a text and I saw someone trying to cop a quick peek, I'd punch 'em.

Ok, I really wouldn't punch 'em, but they'd definitely get a stern "WTF!?" glare. :D

Yeah I wish I could turn it off. I usually have my phone out on my desk at work because I'm either charging it or listening to music and people are always coming up to my cube to ask me things. Whether the screen is locked or not it shows the toast notification from my wife saying something silly, which I may or may not get made fun of later for...

It's really quite amazing there is no way to turn it off.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Natural View Post
    This is very important so please vote, its quick. I'm surprised it isn't already done!

Turning off SMS Notification toast

and

Disable Text Message Preview when Phone is locked
    You do see that both of those were posted over a year ago and nothing has changed right? Also, there are other "turn off sms preview" feature suggestions on the windowsphone website that date back to 2010.

It's not happening.

I dont mind it myself, but then again I dont see a reason to NOT have that option. So Im all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Exactly. I don't know why the first conclusion people reach is that one is trying to hide a love affair from another person. There was another thread about this and that was one of the first comments. Silly, if you ask me.
    Because people are stupid.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I don't think you're trying to hide a love affair, I just think you don't want your colleagues seeing those XXX-rated messages you're sending to your honey!

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    or... you guys could just turn your phone over... so everyone can look at the pretty camera you have rather than your, apparently, super private texts.
    ttsoldier likes this.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Yeah, I was thinking alone that line too. Face your phone down, or put your phone into Flight mode.

And no, I definitely wasn't thinking of an affair :|

I agree,it doesn't matter if your hiding something ir not its your privacy and your business. If you want it disabled or enabled it should be your choice!!!
    Thanked by:

being able to view/delete the photos without entering the pin is also annoying (for lack of better term).