11-29-2012, 09:22 AM #2
- 221 Posts
interesting - it should still be a local file, but uploaded - might suggest that you have the option to stream video over wifi only.....odd though, because the error message suggests it found the video and cant play its format... really strange.....I know any family stuff auto uploads to skydrive family room folder, but not clear on what the retrival process is.
- 11-29-2012, 06:45 PM #5
Very interesting. My wife uploaded a video she took on her 920 to SkyDrive and shared with a friend with an iPhone. She was not able to watch her own video, her friend had no issues on the iPhone. What? Was exactly our reaction too. She also sent the file by email. Same thing . She could not play the file, while her friend had no problems. Let me know what you find out. I will also test this on my 920 next.
was able to confirm this on my 920 as well. took a video and send it to my email. Can't play it. How stupid is that MS...
Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 11-29-2012 at 07:28 PM.
11-29-2012, 08:53 PM #6
- 450 Posts
1. On the 8x, From within the family room I can't play a video I uploaded to the family room. Obviously I can still play it from my phone, just not from the room. Skydrive still shows this as an MP4 file, so not sure why.
2. I can play a video that I emailed to myself just fine.
3. I can download the video from the Skydrive family room folder and play it on my phone.
Sounds like this is something weird with the family room feature. Interesting that most the documentation on Rooms only mentions photos and not videos, almost like the video was an afterthought.
Last edited by Coffee; 11-29-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: format
- 12-04-2012, 11:04 AM #10
12-04-2012, 12:17 PM #11
- 31 Posts
Yeah this feature is working fine for my wife and I on 822s. We have been uploading videos and watching them in the family room no problem. the other thing I did was share our skydrive picture files with eachother and set our phones to auto upload. I can instantly see whatever she is taking pics or videos of. pretty sweet set up and is working well. Somewhere there is a bug in your system as this is totally supported.
- By 1jaxstate1 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 11-03-2011, 01:22 PM
- By JBozz in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 09-14-2011, 06:20 PM
- By Gmotagi in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 08-30-2011, 03:23 PM
- By aeronez in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 2Last Post: 07-30-2011, 06:18 AM
- By Dark Mirage in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 8Last Post: 04-18-2011, 09:01 PM