Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By socialcarpet

Hello,

I've heard that there are issues in WP8 with regards to downloading (respectively that you can't download stuff like in Android ).

Am I wrong? If not, is there the possibility to download stuff from the internet via Nokia Xpress Browser?

what are you trying to download? i download pics and I believe in the past I downloaded audio files. pics gets saved to the pics area. if you download documents then you might want to check the Office app.

Quote Originally Posted by Deformat View Post
    Hello,

I've heard that there are issues in WP8 with regards to downloading (respectively that you can't download stuff like in Android ).

Am I wrong? If not, is there the possibility to download stuff from the internet via Nokia Xpress Browser?

I have to agree with you. We basically cant download anything MS hasnt specifically allowed us to. Docs, pdfs, some audio, pics. That is about it. Another thing I miss from Android is the ability to download and store any type of file I wanted onto my phone. With WP, we cant even download email attachments except pics/music/docs. You cant download much from the internet or email, and you cant store anything specifically in a folder using your phone.

Smart phones should be more than just a phone/browser/app collector/music and image device. We really should be able to have a little more access and ability. MS, while I like their OS mostly, tends to treat us users like children. "We cant give you the ability to mistakenly download a virus..." seems to be their approach. Why not let us make that decision. Some of us are pretty competent and able to download anything and steer clear of viruses. I havent had a virus in a couple years on my PCs. Not because of Virus protectors, because I know what Im doing and dont download anything that I dont know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post
    I have to agree with you. We basically cant download anything MS hasnt specifically allowed us to. Docs, pdfs, some audio, pics. That is about it. Another thing I miss from Android is the ability to download and store any type of file I wanted onto my phone. With WP, we cant even download email attachments except pics/music/docs. You cant download much from the internet or email, and you cant store anything specifically in a folder using your phone.
    You can download many things, saving it to the phone is the problem. Like from an e-mail attachment....annoys the crap out of me!!!

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Along the topic of downloading things to the phone, I downloaded a PDF doc from SkyDrive. But it's not in office (bc PDF is not supported). I can't find it! Is there a 'downloads' section/folder in WP8?

When you open PDF Reader, it shows "My Library" which has all of your saved PDF's.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Where can I locate this PDF reader, rider2040? Thanks by the way:)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tofu View Post
    Where can I locate this PDF reader, rider2040? Thanks by the way:)
    There is a free app called PDF Reader. You can download it from the store.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGx View Post

Smart phones should be more than just a phone/browser/app collector/music and image device. We really should be able to have a little more access and ability. MS, while I like their OS mostly, tends to treat us users like children. "We cant give you the ability to mistakenly download a virus..." seems to be their approach. Why not let us make that decision. Some of us are pretty competent and able to download anything and steer clear of viruses. I havent had a virus in a couple years on my PCs. Not because of Virus protectors, because I know what Im doing and dont download anything that I dont know what it is.
    Buy an Android phone.
    tumaykilinc likes this.