Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tk-093

After the battery problems I had with my HTC 8x I developed this one:

Battery tile & log.
    A battery tile and battery logger app.
    You can download it for free:
    Battery tile & log | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Kind regards,

Koen

Cool looking app. I am curious what functionality of the app requires locations services, phone identity, and owner identity.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Cool looking app. I am curious what functionality of the app requires locations services, phone identity, and owner identity.

Because of the in-app ads.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    If you get The Battery Level app, it costs 99c and is worth it. No ads.

Battery Level for WP8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Quote Originally Posted by ut_jd View Post
    If you get The Battery Level app, it costs 99c and is worth it. No ads.

Battery Level for WP8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    I know, this app costs you nothing and the ads are only when you open the app. When you just use the tile, you'll never notice the ads.
    I have no experience with ads. I mean I don't know if people rather buy a battery tile for 99c or use a free version with ads.
    Point is I don't want people to pay for a battery tile I made just for fun. I only putt ads in it so maybe I can earn a small amount of money with the ads.
    If everyone is willing to pay for a battery tile rather than have a version with ads, I might even consider to remove the ads.
    The app would still be free though.
    Last edited by koen h; 11-29-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by koen h View Post
    I know, this app costs you nothing and the ads are only when you open the app. When you just use the tile, you'll never notice the ads.
    I have no experience with ads. I mean I don't know if people rather buy a battery tile for 99c or use a free version with ads.
    Point is I don't want people to pay for a battery tile I made just for fun. I only putt ads in it so maybe I can earn a small amount of money with the ads.
    If everyone is willing to pay for a battery tile rather than have a version with ads, I might even consider to remove the ads.
    Well I applaud you for having an issue with the phone and solving the issue yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by darquan View Post
    Well I applaud you for having an issue with the phone and solving the issue yourself.
    Excuse me?

Global Posts
    1,621 Global Posts
    Nothing wrong with having an free app that is ad supported. I'll check it out. You could always look at keeping the free one ad supported and then have a pay one that is ad free to give people a choice.
    ut_jd likes this.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I think if you take the ads out, a lot of people, like me, would be willing to pay a little money for it. That's what happened with Battery Level. Keep up the good work, competition is great!

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hi Koen,

I can't find the app in te UK store. Is it only available in the US??

Quote Originally Posted by Squadromeo View Post
    Hi Koen,

I can't find the app in te UK store. Is it only available in the US??
    It schould be there. Maybe it is a update problem at Microsoft.