Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,766 Global Posts
    I bet they'd be even higher if Nokia could make more handsets and get them to the stores faster.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

aubreyq likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I bet they'd be even higher if Nokia could make more handsets and get them to the stores faster.
    Nokia seems to be doing a better job than HTC. At least in the States.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I don't think the 8X is doing too badly. The 8X forum is pretty lively here. Obviously the Nokia is the flagship and is shifting more units but I think the 8X is doing alright.

Thats my unbiased view... oh wait a minute. No I'm totally biased. I have an 8X lol
    - Dubstep, Reggae, Drum & Bass, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Breaks, Ska & more.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ditched my iPhone 4S for the HTC 8X... No regrets!
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Not a surprise. I trashed the iPhone 3G for WP7.0 originally, and it just took off now when I got my new 8X.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,766 Global Posts
    I thought Ballmer was ruining Microsoft as we know it. Or at least that's what one thread said.

And this is before Samsung throws the Ativ S into the mix. Things are looking good for WP8..

Quote Originally Posted by -Scienide- View Post
    I don't think the 8X is doing too badly. The 8X forum is pretty lively here. Obviously the Nokia is the flagship and is shifting more units but I think the 8X is doing alright.

Thats my unbiased view... oh wait a minute. No I'm totally biased. I have an 8X lol
    HTC dropped the ball big time on WP8. When it comes down to it, they didn't have stock on day one. Yes, a few trickled out, but compared to Nokia, they literally had nothing to show on day one. Nokia on the other hand had variety and quantity.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Ask Verizon if they think HTC dropped the ball, as Verizon is the carrier pushing WP8 the hardest. I suspect that HTC is outselling Nokia in the US right now.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
    Ask Verizon if they think HTC dropped the ball, as Verizon is the carrier pushing WP8 the hardest. I suspect that HTC is outselling Nokia in the US right now.
    You really think the 8X is outselling the 920 in the US? I'm asking since I live in Canada but reading US mediums and all I see is 920 this and 920 that while the 8X is almost like an afterthought.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    8xx and 920 included? Nope.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

They are pushing the 8X hard, but on go live they had next to zero available. Many of us here were positioned to get the 8X and what happened? We got blank stairs when the sales reps showed zero incoming 8X units for a week (**** we got blank stairs just mentioning WP8 in Verizon corporate stores in general); we opted for the 822 and haven't looked back. All around a better device.

The sales would have been better if HTC didn't drop the ball on supply. Nokia did a far better job, I don't think anyone can argue that.

Doesn't matter which handset is selling most. What's important is that WP8 needs to keep selling. Looks like the Odyssey got pushed back till January. That means Nokia and HTC can reap the benefits of the holiday season if they can keep phones in stock and get the carriers to push them.
    brmiller1976 and cp2_4eva like this.

You think so? I really doubt that.

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    I'm sure we've all expressed our stances on HTC vs Nokia. Just wait for the numbers, I hardly doubt my prediction will be wrong but there's no point debating it at this stage.

If either 8X or ATIV S outsells Lumia 920, I will be ecstatic.

There seems to be a solid demand for Lumia 920 and if any other WP8 device beats that... absolutely great. It will be amazing for the WP8 platform and in the end for Nokia as well.

Its a bit different in the UK the 8X had a two week jump on the Lumia 920 and the 820 and 8S havent been released yet. When walking into shops and comparing stocks the 8X seems to be generally more available and as for the advertising theres always a full page 8X add in the free papers.

One thing people keep forgetting is that the 920 is only on one carrier here in America, while HTC 8x is on three. As subjective as you all may be, the 8x is a very attractive phone and there are quite a bit of people that are glad they don't have to get a huge phone to get some decent specs. Not every needs nokia maps or 16 more GB of music. Not everyone care that the 920 has OIS and all the. The HTC is still a great phone. There are people who even chose the 8x over the 920 on ATT. So that's saying a bit. And that being said, the 8x outselling the 920 is not a far stretch simply because of the ATT exclusivity. And then again, people could still consider a lesser item like the 820/822.

The numbers being cited by Ballmer do not include U.S. sales. It will be interesting to see the official U.S numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by odin09 View Post
    The numbers being cited by Ballmer do not include U.S. sales. It will be interesting to see the official U.S numbers.
    Really?

...that is what I read on one financial site. I have not seen that info anywhere else. Not sure how good the info in my post was.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Who cares what sells most as long as the devices being sold are WP8 devices. This will push the developers to work harder on updates and improvements.

4 times the sales isn't saying all that much. WP7 was not well recieved.

But I do think WP8 is doing pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Isror View Post
    They are pushing the 8X hard, but on go live they had next to zero available. Many of us here were positioned to get the 8X and what happened? We got blank stairs when the sales reps showed zero incoming 8X units for a week (**** we got blank stairs just mentioning WP8 in Verizon corporate stores in general); we opted for the 822 and haven't looked back. All around a better device.

The sales would have been better if HTC didn't drop the ball on supply. Nokia did a far better job, I don't think anyone can argue that.
    I went to VZ with my girlfriend (she was buying a new iPhone *shudder*) and the salesman did a GREAT job comparing the 8x and the Lumia 822 to the customers in there - and there were quite a few.

He made the point that the 822 is superior in functionality due to the exra Nokia apps, while the 8X is flashier and something else he said that I don't remember. I told the people to go for the Lumia since they were looking for great support, etc, which Nokia definitely provides. They ended up taking it.

Long story short, the guy was not pushing the 8X very hard at that store. In fact, he was pushing BOTH phones, and relatively well I'd say. However, he did make the 822 sound a TAD better for anyone who wants support and functionalit (and who does'nt lol).

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I don't care if the sales increase is made up entirely of Huawei Ascend W1 handsets... it is a GOOD thing!
    Thanked by:
    a5cent 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast