- 11-27-2012, 04:58 PM #1
My wife has a Lumia 822 and doesn't like how the search in the people hub returns results from Facebook. This also happens when she goes to start a new text message. We have the filter setup in the people hub to show only the contacts from her Live account, so when she browses her people hub it only shows her contacts from her Live account. Anyone know how to disable Facebook contacts from search results without disabling Facebook all together?
- 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM #2
Hopefully I understand what you are asking, if so the following should help.
1. go in to the "people hub"
2. at the bottom right move the 3 dots up and click "settings"
3. at the top of the page clickpress the "filter my contact list"
4. Check the "Windows Live" box and click the check mark at the bottom of the page
11-28-2012, 12:29 PM #3
- 222 Posts
OP: I'm still on WP7, and unless they've changed it in WP8, I haven't found a way to do what you're wanting. I have my People hub only show gmail contacts, but when I compose a text or email and start typing a name, I have to really pay attention so I don't send it to the wrong person (a facebook friend). Do not like.
- 11-28-2012, 12:37 PM #4
wait, I get it now (I think). She goes in to the people hub to search for her contacts, when she presses the magnifying glass and searches from there ALL results come in, whether it be facebook, twitter or windows live? Tell her if she wants to just look for her non FB contacts that she simply just has to press the letter 'A' and a grid of letters will come up.
When sending a new text message, im not sure how to filter out the facebook friends but if I can remember correctly, when you sync your facebook account with the phone, their is an option to sync their phone numbers as well. (it's been awhile, can't remember) she can possibly un-sync the FB account and start from scratch. But this time if they ask her if she wants to add her facebook contacts to her phone she can say no. Maybe that'll work...
- 11-28-2012, 12:40 PM #6
when sending an email or text message it appears as though (for me at least) if you press the small "+" sign at the top right hand of the screen that only the contacts from my Windows Live account will appear. On the contrary, if you begin by simply typing the contacts name in the 'To:____" box (if you will) you'll be recommended a slew of names.
- By congusano in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 12-31-2012, 08:18 AM
- By graciaman in forum Windows 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-15-2012, 01:53 PM
- By ScubaSteve1219 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 02-29-2012, 09:35 PM
- By jalb in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 01-31-2011, 06:55 PM