Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

I have one condition about WP8-functional viber app. Few months ago, I had Omnia 7 and Viber was terrible, not functional at all.
    So my question is, how Viber works on WP8? If Viber works on WP8 like it works on Android/iOS I will buy Nokia Lumia.
    nizzon likes this.

Anyone? Viber or Whatsapp, how it works on WP8?

It works, but I use it mostly for messaging, not voice calls so I can't comment ont that.
    Thanked by:
    Details for the app indicate that voice isn't currently supported for vibe messenger. It's "coming soon".
    Thanked by:

What about real-time notifications? I had problem with that before.
    I'm not using voice calls anyway, so only thing I need is real-time notifications and normal Viber/Whatsapp.
    Thanks.

If you mean, someone messages you and you get a toast notification and the live tile increments, yes it does that.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by culater1 View Post
    I have one condition about WP8-functional viber app. Few months ago, I had Omnia 7 and Viber was terrible, not functional at all.
    So my question is, how Viber works on WP8? If Viber works on WP8 like it works on Android/iOS I will buy Nokia Lumia.
    Viber works great on WP8, I can't complain. Other apps to consider:

• Talkbox
    • Heytell
    Last edited by TMavC5; 11-27-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Typo
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by culater1 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys.
    Any time....

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!

@culater1: Viber calls are not available yet for WP8, but we;re working on it and hopefully it will be ready soon!
    RE: Notifications - It should work, we haven't encountered any issues so far. :)

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to assist.
    Thanks,
    Viber

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    nice to see some developers responding to posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Viber View Post
    Hi,

@culater1: Viber calls are not available yet for WP8, but we;re working on it and hopefully it will be ready soon!
    RE: Notifications - It should work, we haven't encountered any issues so far. :)

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to assist.
    Thanks,
    Viber
    I am glad to see this post. My problem was real-time notifications on WP7, that was reason why was I change my Omnia 7 for SGS3.
    Now, I want go back to WP8 and I am so close, only thing I need is to be sure that Viber is working better than before.
    Thanks a lot.
    P.S. sorry for some grammar mistakes, I am not so good at english.

for my 920, Viber just crashes with error log after I received my first message from a friend. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't change this behaviour.

I have a brand new HTC 8x and Viber 2.1 installed and am deeply disappointed.
    No group functionality, no live tile updates about new messages and no phone calls via viber.
    You get the group messages as toast messages, however when you start the viber app, they appear nowhere or worse in really strange messaging threads that let the app crash.

I was using viber on the iphone before that and I loved it, all my friends use it, because of the free phone call feature via 3G.
    However now I am trying to convince them to move back to Whats App - which is really brilliant on the WP8 and skype for making phone calls..
    I know that more features should be working on Lumia Phones though - however the Lumia 920 is simply too heavy and too big for me, so I chose HTC 8x.

Guys from Viber could you please finally announce when you will have Viber working on WP8 for everyone not only Lumia phones??
    Please I would love to stick with viber ..

Conclusio: currently - unless you have a lumia phone - not speaking for those - hands off from viber :-( use whats app or something similar..

just a thought shouldn't you guys really voice your likes and dislikes to the developer...it's not like the developers are on wpcentral...
    papa_ni_tamtam likes this.

When will u release viber calling for wp8? Its been too looooong! Waiting for it!

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viber View Post
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Viber
    does it really take that much time to roll out the voice call?
    viber notification gets problem on my lumia 920...it does not show the number of new msg on the tile...
    i have removed viber from the home screen....for messaging, whatsapp is good enough...
    Shruthi Murali likes this.

Hello,

When will the call features be available on wp8?

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    its been "coming soon" for the last year, then about 3 months ago it was coming very soon and then about a month or so ago it was coming real soon, according to Viber, so I am guessing in a couple of months if we can go by their crappy track record!

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

Viber for Windows Phone 8 has been released.
    You should be able to see and download it soon via Market Place. Here is the list of fully compatible devices for our WP8 app: WP - supported devices

We'd be happy to receive feedback from you :)

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I still can't see it in the store. Why is the Lumia 810 NOT listed as a supported device?

thank viber team...

Quote Originally Posted by TJWINS View Post
    I still can't see it in the store. Why is the Lumia 810 NOT listed as a supported device?
    according to viber team " You should be able to see and download it soon via Market Place."
    oh my god, i cant believe it really came, my most wanted app is here.. soo happy, i love u viber so much.

Its not up on my store just yet, hopefully it comes up in an hour

That's fantastic, I 've been waiting for it for months! Does anyone know, do we need a link at first or will it pop up immediately in "search" when it's available?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast