- 11-27-2012, 03:32 AM #1
got a Q, we are moving away from BB's and a good feature the BBs had was the option of deleting emails from the device without it deleting emails in my outlook and if i was to delete emails from my Outlook it would delete it from the BB.
The reason why this feature is important is because it's fairly easy to delete all emails from your device accidentally and you do not want this sync and delete all emails in Outlook.
Is there an option like this in WP8? If so how do i acitvate it?
- 11-27-2012, 08:52 AM #2
I don't believe that ActiveSync itself (the technology which non-BB phones use to sync Exchange mailboxes) allows for that. If you delete a message on the handheld, it's going to delete it in your Outlook (because... keep in mind that both Outlook and an ActiveSync device are essentially the same thing: a client which manages a mailbox on an Exchange server. Exchange doesn't really see a difference between the two.)
- By yoost in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 09-15-2012, 05:19 PM
- By Budroid in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 16Last Post: 04-30-2012, 09:21 PM
- By wayneholbrook in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 11-10-2011, 08:58 PM
- By Bkr11 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 09-26-2011, 09:17 PM
- By 100thmonkey#wp in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 03-24-2011, 10:47 PM