- 11-26-2012, 11:33 AM #1
I'm new to this platform, so far I do like it a lot. One question popped into my head overnite, since it's Windows does it make it more susceptible to issue with viruses? I'd think that MS covered all their bases regarding this. Any thoughts?
- 11-26-2012, 11:39 AM #2
The app store is regulated, so there's no risk at all of viruses in the real sense of the word. However you're still at risk from phishing attempts from maliciously crafted websites. You should still exercise caution when accessing links from emails whether or not you think you know the sender.
11-26-2012, 01:15 PM #5
- 1,376 Posts
Answer = If someone decides to write a virus for it then yes.
Realistically, if someone wants to write a virus for mobile devices they will likely target IOS or Android first. Just like legitimate software developers they want to get the best bang for there buck. time, etc.
- 11-26-2012, 01:24 PM #6
- 11-26-2012, 02:25 PM #7
Only a single virus has been made to crack WP security. It was developed by a developer who, gladly, wasn't trying to do harm, but just show Microsoft ways to improve their security. Granted the kid who wrote the virus is also a computer prodigy.
- By iPwnza in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2012, 12:14 AM
- By rohan_is_switching in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2012, 01:52 PM
- By TJWINS in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 22Last Post: 09-14-2012, 03:03 AM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 29Last Post: 07-14-2012, 08:11 PM
- By MathiasVerden in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 20Last Post: 07-06-2012, 05:15 PM