Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    We're for haters of both iPhone and android.
    hair10 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    I don't hate either Apple or Google, not the people that use their products. Though I don't really trust Google.

WP certainly isn't for everyone. Though neither is IOS or Android, or Blackberry OS. I've never used an Android or IOS device so I cannot comment on their up's or down's. Microssoft, like Android or IOS wants you to invest in their ecosystem. If you are not prepared to do that then this probably is not the platform for you.

Of course, where else are you going to go? The competitors have the same requirement.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I have a Windows Phone and an iPad. No brand loyalty here lol
    - Dubstep, Reggae, Drum & Bass, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Breaks, Ska & more.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ditched my iPhone 4S for the HTC 8X... No regrets!

Global Posts
    875 Global Posts
    Its just a select few of very vocal irate windows phone lovers.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iPwnza View Post
    We're for haters of both iPhone and android.
    That's not much of a market.

Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    Its just a select few of very vocal irate windows phone lovers.
    Really? Not sure what boards you've been reading but I've seen the exact opposite. Not that I disagree with you but when you have several hundred people coming here everyday and crying bloody murder for every little thing that is different from what they are used to; or that they can make-up, it does become fustrating.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    It'll settle down.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Global Posts
    875 Global Posts
    Your probably right, I've just encountered a select few. Makes me reconsider my previous phone as that subforurm was a much friendlier community.

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    haters-gonna-hate-13.jpg

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Your probably right, I've just encountered a select few. Makes me reconsider my previous phone as that subforurm was a much friendlier community.
    Hang in there, we're not all bad. Honest.

Global Posts
    1,493 Global Posts
    Dude, if you're going to reconsider your previous phone because some people on a forum are dickish, you probably should just not get any smartphone. Ever. :D
    -Scienide- and nander like this.

Global Posts
    875 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    Dude, if you're going to reconsider your previous phone because some people on a forum are dickish, you probably should just not get any smartphone. Ever. :D
    meh, one x forums were coolio, but *gasp* its an android device that apparently has massive bugs, drains, bloat, crap, and its by far the worse invention in the entire world according to >50% of the WPC community
    It's not a matter of hate, it's a matter of choice.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I've used all 4 OS's for more than a day:), all in all I just found WP to be more straight forward in the setup and easier to troubleshoot when I have someone ask me about the settings. I had only used the free apps on them all...but they all have their merrits. Android good for tinkering, IOS good for those that want something a large majority of people use (apps are usually out for it first), Blackberry good for business (sometimes), WP good for people who want something different or business use, or a solid OS that doesn't lock or slow down.

But that's my opinion:)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    875 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
    I've used all 4 OS's for more than a day:), all in all I just found WP to be more straight forward in the setup and easier to troubleshoot when I have someone ask me about the settings. I had only used the free apps on them all...but they all have their merrits. Android good for tinkering, IOS good for those that want something a large majority of people use (apps are usually out for it first), Blackberry good for business (sometimes), WP good for people who want something different or business use, or a solid OS that doesn't lock or slow down.

But that's my opinion:)
    Im sorry, my experience here:

Ive had more force closes and random problems with WP8 than ive had with my android phone as of late.
    ryude likes this.

I don't know many people that hate Android or iOS. I do know a lot that don't personally like using those. Mainly it's a matter of preference.

It's not quite the same the other way. A lot of Android or iPhone users think that MS is some evil company.

Global Posts
    1,493 Global Posts
    Ive had more force closes and random problems with WP8 than ive had with my android phone as of late.
    Why does this shock anyone? WP8 is a *brand new* operating system, while Android is not (although it's somewhat slipshod, depending on the vendor). I know it cheeses people off when this is brought up, but look at Android when Android was at the same maturity level as WP8 is right now. Comparing WP8 to Android *now* is an unfair comparison.

Global Posts
    875 Global Posts
    Why does this shock anyone? WP8 is a *brand new* operating system, while Android is not (although it's somewhat slipshod, depending on the vendor). I know it cheeses people off when this is brought up, but look at Android when Android was at the same maturity level as WP8 is right now. Comparing WP8 to Android *now* is an unfair comparison.
    So Excaliber can compare his situation with wp8 vs android, but the second i defend android the slightest] its blasphemy?
    mud314 likes this.

but if they advertise having Xbox video on windows phone 8, they better make sure it works in the first place

Global Posts
    1,493 Global Posts
    So Excaliber can compare his situation with wp8 vs android, but the second i defend android the slightest its blasphemy?
    You were defending Android? It's a more mature OS than is WP8, and after a several-year head start if it doesn't have fewer bugs and issues than WP8 it's doing it wrong. Does it really need defending?

To answer your question directly, I think its apples and oranges. I would hope that MS would learn from the successes and failures of other mobile OS's and build something that is easier to setup and troubleshoot. That's the easy part... but *every* 1.0 release has bugs, many which carry through to versions well beyond 1.0. Comparing the reliability of a 1.0 OS to a... what's Jelly Bean? 4.1 or something? Of course you're going to have fewer problems on the 4.1 release than you are a 1.0 release. That's just common sense.

It's like saying, "wow, my 5 year old son sure plays baseball a lot better than my 1 year old son does." Well... duh. :D
    You were defending Android? It's a more mature OS than is WP8, and after a several-year head start if it doesn't have fewer bugs and issues than WP8 it's doing it wrong. Does it really need defending?

To answer your question directly, I think its apples and oranges. I would hope that MS would learn from the successes and failures of other mobile OS's and build something that is easier to setup and troubleshoot. That's the easy part... but *every* 1.0 release has bugs, many which carry through to versions well beyond 1.0. Comparing the reliability of a 1.0 OS to a... what's Jelly Bean? 4.1 or something? Of course you're going to have fewer problems on the 4.1 release than you are a 1.0 release. That's just common sense.

It's like saying, "wow, my 5 year old son sure plays baseball a lot better than my 1 year old son does." Well... duh. :D
    Then of course here come the complaints about how it's a modern OS and, even if it was a complete rebuild (twice!), that it should do all that and more flawlessly. Except Rome wasn't built in a day. Sure it was great at it's peak and other cities looked destitute by comparison, but you have to start somewhere.
    iamtim likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    I don't get how this is a windows forum and some people get upset when not everyone wants to praise android here. About as popular as starting a thread about returning phones. Do you think the android forum loves talking about windows phone? Or would pat people on the back for wanting to go back to wp.

Global Posts
    875 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    I don't get how this is a windows forum and some people get upset when not everyone wants to praise android here. About as popular as starting a thread about returning phones. Do you think the android forum loves talking about windows phone? Or would pat people on the back for wanting to go back to wp.
    Meh, I dont expect people to "praise android" at all, but some people here just take it to an unhealthy extreme. It's like they are paid to do it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    And it's like some are here to promote android.

Global Posts
    875 Global Posts
    the most i see is people comparing their previous device to their new windows phone. perhaps im not looking hard enought though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast