Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    For some reason my Facebook app shows "blocked" in Background Tasks in Settings on my 8X. I have it checked to turn background tasks on when I open the app. I have opened and closed it many times and have restarted the phone with no effect. I have 10 apps that show background tasks "allowed". Is there a limit? Anything I am missing?

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    It is only used for the lockscreen updating. Try enabling that and see if it turns on.

There is a limit, I believe it is 8. Someone else may be better able to clarify this though. I keep background to a minimum, not so much for battery life, but because I don't want to clutter my phone up too much and have notifications going off every few minutes.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Facebook background task is not for notifications. It is only for a scheduled task to update lockscreen images if using the facebook lockscreen.