11-23-2012, 01:18 AM #2
- 296 Posts
1) you cannot download music on mac, and you cannot stream them either.
2) sign into your Microsoft account on your phone and you should by default good to go - given your music pass is on that account.
3) go to store, browse and search music, you can download and stream. Enjoy.
11-23-2012, 09:57 PM #4Phone: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
- 127 Posts
Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
Tablet: Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, Asus Transformer Pad Infinity, Archos 101, Archos 70
- 11-23-2012, 10:48 PM #6
These XBox Music Pass threads need to be consolidated.
Anyway, here are the instructions:
1) Take everything you ever learned about music downloads, streaming, iTunes, etc. and drag-n-drop it to the Recycle Bin in your brain. Right click the bin and select "empty." Select "Yes" when it asks you whether you want to delete all prior ways of thinking about music downloads.
2) Welcome to XBox Music (formerly Zune). Your music pass entitles you to unlimited streaming and unlimited DRMed downloads of songs.
To use XBox music to find music:
1) Click on the Store icon.
2) Click on "Music."
3) Click the search icon (the little magnifying glass).
4) Search for your artist and track.
5) Click the little "play" button next to each track.
6) Yes, there are options to purchase albums. By purchasing an album, you get to keep it and download as many copies as you want, forever and ever, regardless of whether you have an XBox pass. If you're not planning on stopping XBox pass anytime soon, you don't need to worry about this. Ignore it, don't purchase. You will still see these prices whether or not you have a pass.
7) You have the option to stream or download. To stream, just tap the play icon next to the track or album you want. To download, tap and hold until you get the menu. Select "download," and it will be downloaded to your device.
8) To create a playlist from an album, just play any track from that album, tap "..." in the bottom of the screen, and select "create playlist." Then you can name the album and it shows up on your playlist, ready to stream.
9) Remember, if your XBox Music pass expires, you can no longer stream or download. You'll have to purchase albums or music tracks, or re-up your pass.
That's it! Enjoy!
- 11-24-2012, 03:36 AM #7
When I originally joined the unlimited service my phone decided I didn't have it. The next day it finally decided I had this service. Maybe it turned on after I turned on my Xbox. But the store didn't show me having the service until the next day. That was my issue.
Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!
11-24-2012, 07:44 AM #8
- 85 Posts
brmiller1976, I did as you described. When I get to number 5 on your list, I can play the song, but it is only part of the song. It doesn't play the whole song, it only plays for about 30 seconds, then goes to the next song. The top of my screen says songs review so maybe I am not in the correct place.
11-24-2012, 09:16 AM #9
- 449 Posts
- By Jackalltog in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 02-06-2013, 06:54 AM
- By filmboy6x6 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 11-12-2012, 02:24 PM
- By garak0410 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-10-2012, 11:04 PM
- By filmboy6x6 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 11-08-2012, 09:34 AM
- By seppuku716 in forum LG QuantumReplies: 1Last Post: 04-21-2011, 03:05 PM