Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi, I'm a current iPhone 4 user thinking about switching to Lumia 920. On my iphone I use spotify quite a bit and use Airplay to stream spotify from my phone to my appletv that is connected to my amplifier. Simple and easy way to play music. Now I am perfectly willing to switch to Xbox Music since the UI looks great on both Win 8 and on WP8 and the catalogue is big. In Xbox Music on Windows 8 I can easily stream the music directly to my amplifier using DLNA/Play to without the need of any extra equipment. Simple and "it just works". Now, does Xbox Music on WP8 also support this functionallity? Selecting a DLNA renderer on the network and stream the music to it? Or is it limited to using "Play on Xbox" only?

Short version: Does DLNA/Play to work in Xbox Music on WP8?

From wp8, you can't stream to either a dlna device or Xbox from the music app, as far as I can tell.
    Thanked by:
    Malmer 

Well that sucks. They really should have put in simple Play to API:s in WP8 for devs to use. Just like apple has done with Airplay. Won't stop me from getting a Lumia, but it is a feature I will deeply miss and a missed oppertunity for Microsoft.