Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    484 Global Posts
    I have my lock screen set to Bing, but it never changes. Do I need to do something else?

It changed twice for me and then it stopped....

Mine has changed everyday since launch day. No problems there. ATT LTE in Colorado.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    It's been inconsistent for me, too. Possibly need to actually use the Bing search more often for it to download the next image?

Global Posts
    484 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurgid View Post
    It's been inconsistent for me, too. Possibly need to actually use the Bing search more often for it to download the next image?

Hmm didn't think about that.
    Mine has never automatically changed. I always have to set it to something else and back to Bing for it to change. Odd that it works for some.

Yeah been great for me, changes every day. Are people that this isn't working for also have other live tile update issues?
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    The bing wallpaper is always a day behind, except for the first time you set it, or if you switch off of it, and back on.

If you keep going in and setting it off and on, it will never update on it's own. If your lockscreen currently displays today's Bing.com picture, yours will not update for two days.

/thread

The first 5 days of ownership - no. Then I did a factor reset and now it changes daily and matches whatever is on bing.com.

Global Posts
    2,660 Global Posts
    Mine has been working flawlessly. I didn't even use bing today and still got the new wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Mine has been working flawlessly. I didn't even use bing today and still got the new wallpaper.

http://i.imgur.com/SCkH8l.jpg
    same here~

Flawless.....
    Sent from my Red L920 using Board Express

Stopped walking again....

Mine has been changing every day. Not really sure what time because I would wake up and it'd be different. I really liked the one today so I made it permanent.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmaki View Post
    Mine has been changing every day. Not really sure what time because I would wake up and it'd be different. I really liked the one today so I made it permanent.
    how did you get today's wallpaper?? I loved the camels one and wanted it permanently..but the download apps like bing2wall download low res versions of them...

This might sound stupid..but I noticed that the wallpaper changes 24 hours after you set bing as the lockscreen background. I set mine just past midnight and now every morning it shows a new wallpaper.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGtz View Post
    Mine has changed everyday since launch day. No problems there. ATT LTE in Colorado.
    what city do u live in? I didn't know LTE was up yet

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    i've had no issues - it's changed each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint View Post
    This might sound stupid..but I noticed that the wallpaper changes 24 hours after you set bing as the lockscreen background. I set mine just past midnight and now every morning it shows a new wallpaper.
    I think that is it because mine changed a little while ago which I think is 24 hours after the last time I manually set it.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Page 1. I already explained exactly how it works. Nothing is wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by octavian90 View Post
    how did you get today's wallpaper?? I loved the camels one and wanted it permanently..but the download apps like bing2wall download low res versions of them...
    That wallpaper is actually zebras not camels :-) . You can go to the bing home page and browse through some of the past wallpaper and save the background. Here it is if you are interested.
    bing2.jpg
    hprichbg.jpg
    anujtwp likes this.

Both my wife's and my phone have worked great with the updated bing image on the lock screen. They change daily.

Mine changes but I don't know when exactly it happens. For example, I still have yesterdays Bing picture on my lock screen.

I've had it on mine. Seems to be you set it, it will stay the same for approximately 2 days, then start changing daily, running a day behind the actual Bing site.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Works fine here. Changes everyday.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast