Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Why is there no back button on IE ? If I leave IE and then start another app once I go into IE I can't go back a page. Am I missing something?

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    The capacitive back button lets you go back through your IE history. Or, bring up the context menu and hit Recent Pages.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn6 View Post
    The capacitive back button lets you go back through your IE history. Or, bring up the context menu and hit Recent Pages.
    That doesn't work if you get a notification, then come back to IE. The tab is still open, but the back history is lost.

its still there under RECENT

where your address bar is swipe up and more options are displayed. your recent pages are there and you can click on which one you want. I also don't really like this but it works fine when you get used to it.
    Played with this a little. If you navigate out of IE and then back to IE from the start menu, you lose your ability to browse back. However,if you navigate out of IE and then back to IE using the task switcher, by holding the back button down, you can still navigate backwards. This has to be related to app suspension and resuming and how it differs between the start menu and the app switcher.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carpenter View Post
    Played with this a little. If you navigate out of IE and then back to IE from the start menu, you lose your ability to browse back. However,if you navigate out of IE and then back to IE using the task switcher, by holding the back button down, you can still navigate backwards. This has to be related to app suspension and resuming and how it differs between the start menu and the app switcher.
    I really hate the way multi-tasking is handled, it seems like an afterthought.
    It has its pros and cons lol. I also see that if you switch out if IE for anything, just hit the back button to return the IE and it will preserve the back history. No need to hold the back button and view the app switcher.