Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    I'm asking because I have yet to install one on my 8X and I would like some input because it may be a great one I don't know yet.

With my Optimus 7 I used Connectivity Shortcuts but it didn't support Bluetooth toggling. Is there any on the store now that supports it? I only use Bluetooth and WiFi toggles everyday.

Thanks!

I also use Connectivity Shortcuts and there is a Bluetooth icon you can pin that takes you straight to the Bluetooth page. Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Toggle is another solid app

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrgeorgeson View Post
    I also use Connectivity Shortcuts and there is a Bluetooth icon you can pin that takes you straight to the Bluetooth page. Hope this helps.
    Last time I used it the Bluetooth tile didn't show its state (on/off). Has this been worked out?

Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    Toggle is another solid app
    Have you tried Connectiviry Shortcuts? If so, which one you liked the most?

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    Last time I used it the Bluetooth tile didn't show its state (on/off). Has this been worked out?

Have you tried Connectiviry Shortcuts? If so, which one you liked the most?
    lemme check that out for ya

The Bluetooth tile will flip an state its status in toggle but only if the tile is medium sized.

I like toggles way of showing off/on status in the small tiles for wifi/cellular connections.

Of course you have to back out of the app for the status to update

Connectivity Shortcuts didn't have a notification of on or off and the smallest tiles, that is a deal breaker for me.

Is there a connectivity app that has been (or will be) updated to include the new tap+send setting?
    Last edited by Gorki247; 11-17-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    Is there a connectivity app that just turns the setting on instead of you being taken to the page to turn it on yourself or is this not possible in WP?

Edit: it's not possible yet.
    Last edited by Muessig; 09-10-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Looking for a wifi connectivity shortcut app that display the name of the wifi network which is connected to. I installed ten so far. None of them shows the id/name.

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grininja View Post
    Looking for a wifi connectivity shortcut app that display the name of the wifi network which is connected to. I installed ten so far. None of them shows the id/name.
    Ive never come across one that displays the SSID, but thats a great idea and should be implemented.

It seems that there is an app which displays the SSID: Network Dashboard.
    But only in big tile.

Quote Originally Posted by grininja View Post
    It seems that there is an app which displays the SSID: Network Dashboard.
    But only in big tile.
    Network Dashboard is a great app and it's currently FREE! Keep in mind though that the tiles will only update every 30 mins so your active SSID may not be reflected immediately.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I just use the shortcuts that comes with the "Battery" app.

I was using Connectivity shortcuts, but uninstalled it as it is not displaying On/Off state.

Now using Quick Settings | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States), On/Off state is working properly.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muessig View Post
    Is there a connectivity app that just turns the setting on instead of you being taken to the page to turn it on yourself or is this not possible in WP?

Edit: it's not possible yet.
    I really wish this was possible. WP really needs a quick settings panel built into the OS instead of making us download these apps with limited functionality.

OP: I'm using an app called 'Shortcuts'. I think I found it in the Nokia Collection. It's simple and gets the job done (or at least as best as it possibly can on WP) so it's good enough for me.
    I'm using Connectivity Tiles, works fine and looks good.
    I use Quick Settings. It will Do WiFi, Cellular Data, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, Location. Also has a flashlight, Battery Monitor and a close the music option.

One thing to keep in mind is that with any of these type apps, the live tile will only show the state of the service if you use the back arrow to return to the Start screen. If you use the Home button the live tile will not immediately show the state. I also found that with any service toggle you have to wait for the service to fully turn on or off before returning to the start screen for the live tile to be accurate.
    berty6294 likes this.

I had Connectivity Shortcuts, Network Dashboard and others, than I realised I don't need different apps for this since Insider gives me what I need. Battery meter, Wifi, Cellular, Location, Bluetooth and Airplane mode.

Quick Settings to fill in the Q on my App List. (Only have Cellular and Wifi Pinned)
    Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - TMobile Prepaid Unlimited + 2.5gb Hotspot
    New-Nokia Lumia AT&T 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Broke - Focus Flash (Locked) OS=7.10.8862.14 (Net10 AT&T)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager

Insider Pro will be the answer. Full Feature.!

+1 for Insider. The latest update made the tile icons more presentable and a bit smaller. The app also has a nice and detailed battery status information hub as well as bing image downloads for the past few days.
    I used the "Battery" app by Arthur Semenov.

It tracks my battery use and also features shortcuts for connectivity.
    What's cool is that it also allows you to change the color of the tile of each connectivity.

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts
    Quick Settings without a doubt. I've tried like 20 of them, this gives you the most settings!
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts
    Edit: double post...sowwwwy ☹
    Last edited by berty6294; 09-10-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Check out "Dashboard" for Windows Phone Dashboard | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

im using this, simple, no ads, just pin, tap the tile,it will go straight away to the setting youve pinned.

Check out "Dashboard" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...f-a14c112d05a5

Im using this, simple, no ads.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast