Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Why's this not in WP?? Am I missing something or are there plans to add it?

Apps that support speech to text in a field will have the microphone button down on the bottom.

You can also hold down the Windows key until the speech prompt appears for other operations.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    If you're coming from an iphone w/ siri, you're going to be very disappointed by voice in WP8. I have read nothing on improvements to voice in WP8 over WP7, other than "Note", which lets you write a note in onenote.

You can search, call, text (one sentence), create note, or open an app. As far as voice dictation for every single text box you come across? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Obi Juan View Post
    If you're coming from an iphone w/ siri, you're going to be very disappointed by voice in WP8. I have read nothing on improvements to voice in WP8 over WP7, other than "Note", which lets you write a note in onenote.

You can search, call, text (one sentence), create note, or open an app. As far as voice dictation for every single text box you come across? Nope.
    No, not like Siri, I'm coming from android. I'm talking about something like the Nuance button in Swype.
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Obi Juan View Post

You can now dictate more than one sentence in SMS. I did it today. Just press the mic prompt once, say your line then do it again