Someone sent me a video file via text message (extension is 3gp). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to save it to my phone and/or my PC. I am using a Lumia 920 if that matters. With images you just open the image and there is the little ... button you can expand and save. But no options are there for videos.

...I too have this problem. Did anyone answer your question?
    Maybe if you forward the message to your email you nay be able to download the attachment

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    These are the little things that are making me a bit shy of making the conversion from Android to WP8.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    So did anyone ever find the answer to this question on how to save a video file from text message?
    -Verizon HTC 8x Blue

I found a workaround for this - basically e-mail the video to yourself. Tap and hold the text message that has the video attached then select "forward." For the recipient, type in your e-mail address, and you will get it as a regular e-mail with the video file attached.

I've had this problem come up several times and just now realized that I could do this (even though I already knew that you could send text to an e-mail account) - hope it helps!

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    so you can save in email, but not in text? odd..