Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Does anyone know why this is happening... before i thought that in one text message i'm able to send 140 or 160 chars now this shows 70 and when i type more it says that will send two messages. any idea? my phone before did not do this... i had htc radar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20121115_0001.png  

Are you trying to send a message with the new emoticons inserted? These take up your available characters. Try using the more basic versions instead.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    as you can see in the screenshot there is no emoticons at all

Thats totally nuts - usually it shows how many characters were typed when u reach 130...
    Can you screenshot the setting of your messages?

I haven't had the time to check and see if it's even an option, but do you have a signature setup?
    What's your character set in the settings? Full?

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    it's reduced...
    i could reset my phone to factory settings but i do not want to do that because i set it the way i like it

i had extra keyboard installed... after uninstalling it now i'm able to type 160 chars in text message...

i wonder why is that even if i was not using Polish keyboard with polish characters... seems like a bug?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20121115_0006.png   wp_ss_20121115_0007.png  
    Quote Originally Posted by en0xusa View Post
    it's reduced...
    i could reset my phone to factory settings but i do not want to do that because i set it the way i like it

i had extra keyboard installed... after uninstalling it now i'm able to type 160 chars in text message...

i wonder why is that even if i was not using Polish keyboard with polish characters... seems like a bug?
    Change reduced to full if you can?

Also how do you have that chat back up thing? I don't have it!

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Change reduced to full if you can?

Also how do you have that chat back up thing? I don't have it!
    it's wp8 only...
    i have lumia 920

yeah full or reduced doesn't do squad

I have the same issue on my HTC 8S... I've tried changing, adding and removing keyboards, but nothing seems to work. I'm just using plain latin characters (not š, , ć, or french letters), and it still splits my message after I hit 70 characters. Any ideas? Thanks!

I have HTC 8s and I had same problem with length of text messages. I tried turn off Use Facebook chat and problem is solved.

Edit: I am confused, because sometimes I can write 160 characters and sometimes 70.
    Last edited by myXall; 12-26-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    from what I have noticed this has been fixed in portico update on lumia 920