Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

My wife just her L920 in cyan and I was playing with it and open Nokia Music to test out the speakers...I stopped the music by pressing pause and exit the app by pressing the left arrow to completely exit.....I thought WP8 would solve the issue of the current song on the menu bar but pressing the volume button its still there...

I thought this would be fix but guess not :mad:
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Having the option to turn it off would be nice but I do have an app for that. Most of the time I leave my music on so I can just tap the volume button and start the playback. This is a feature of Windows Phone I don't think Microsoft feels it needs to be fixed. I tend to agree.

Why do you need to stop it?

On WP8, the music banner only appears if you are already listening to music, or press the volume buttons.

Its not like WP7, where it always appeared.

I understood the issue, where the banner always appeared, and people were accidentally starting music, but since its not there without a user action, i don't see the issue anymore.

My wife always think the music is on, but guess Stop the music to clear the banner when she's not listening to music

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    I do agree with a stop the music button. I've just been playing a new greenday tune.. paused it, then about 5 mins later i wanted to delete it.. there was no way i could do it as the phone thought it was still in operation.