Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

I love how the slate looks on the homescreen, but don't like how it makes it difficult to tell whether an email is unread or not. I might switch back to Amber...
    Noob question incoming...

I see your mail app shows "main accounts". Am I to understand that is multiple accounts? I seem to be only able to set up single accounts (I have three different tiles, one for each mail app and I would prefer one.

Otherwise not dissimilar to my home screen. :)

EDIT: Also, what is your airplane mode toggle? I couldn't seem to find that on the store. Found toggles for wifi and bluetooth (two different apps). Are your toggles all one app?

Get rid of the code scanner att app and just use Bing vision ;)
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I may have to steal this config
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,522 Global Posts
    That's a very nice looking setup OP.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    Noob question incoming...

I see your mail app shows "main accounts". Am I to understand that is multiple accounts? I seem to be only able to set up single accounts (I have three different tiles, one for each mail app and I would prefer one.

Otherwise not dissimilar to my home screen.

EDIT: Also, what is your airplane mode toggle? I couldn't seem to find that on the store. Found toggles for wifi and bluetooth (two different apps). Are your toggles all one app?
    Yes, you can link inboxes :) : Link my email accounts | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

The airplane mode came from an app called "Settings Plus". Unfortunately they don't have a true toggle tile yet, it's still a shortcut to the settings, but it's better than nothing...

@ncxcstud - Will try Bing Vision - thanks! Haven't needed to scan a QR yet...
    @scottcraft - Thanks - still playing with it and tweaking it, but glad I have the option to set it up however I want
    @downhillrider - go for it... it's open source :lol:
    aubreyq likes this.

How do you take a screenshot like that?

Here is mine. I'm pretty darn content with it. I have everything I need

1st Screenshot
    My favorites group is pinned, to the right of it is my most active GroupMe group.
    All my "social" apps are lined up below. WZRD is playing on my large music tile. I'm a music lover.

2nd Screenshot
    Weather, my utils, marketplace, calendar, etc...
    I have my games tile with my four most-played games flanking it
    Then photos large tile beneath it

3rd Screenshot
    Office, skydrive, etc... OneNote I use a lot so that needs to be regular sized.
    CNN, IGN twitter feed, MTV News, Engadget, and WPcentral make up my "news" section.
    Bank of America shows my daily account balance.
    And I have my local theatre pinned at the bottom (SO CONVENIENT) with MSN Movies. A quick shazam musicsearch pinned. Also the ever-awesome Nokia Trailers app is there... with netflix, this makes up my movie/media section. :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq and cedarlog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Banstyle View Post
    Home+Power Key
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Quote Originally Posted by Banstyle View Post
    Screenshot was taken using this method: Take a screenshot | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

The phone image was taken from Nokia's press photo: Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia – Press

The compositing was done in Photoshop, though I probably could have just as easily done it in GIMP or even Windows Paint.

Quote Originally Posted by jfVigor View Post
    Nice! That gives me some ideas for reorganization - thanks for posting that :)

Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    Nice! That gives me some ideas for reorganization - thanks for posting that :)
    np :)

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Ohh, I see that you have the app "Day Counter". I really like that app. I used it to countdown the number of days till the WP8 and W8 releases. Very customizable too.

And, that slate grey colour is one of my favourite new colour options. Can't wait to try it out (once I get my 920).

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Because of you I just linked my inboxes. I never wanted to before, but since you are able to rename the tile, it is awesome!

I really disliked it saying "Hotmail" when my email was an @outlook.com account.

Thanks for showing me, here's mine!

And if anyone is asking about Penny Arcade, Joystiq icons: I used Wiztiles (amazingly necessary program).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20121115_0002.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by kittshelby View Post
    Ohh, I see that you have the app "Day Counter". I really like that app. I used it to countdown the number of days till the WP8 and W8 releases. Very customizable too.

And, that slate grey colour is one of my favourite new colour options. Can't wait to try it out (once I get my 920).
    Yep - Day Counter is really useful - I'm doing a 366 Project this year (take and post a photo a day, every day for a year). Much harder than it sounds if you want every photo to be good - I'm now literally counting the days until it's over ;)

@Squatting Hen: I was wary of it at first too, but since these are both personal accounts, it just made sense. Also very glad we can rename the tile!

@Banstyle: cool! That looks like another really good way to organize things. Also a PA fan, and will check out Wiztiles.

Global Posts
    1,725 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfVigor View Post
    Woah, Bachelor party from Friday to Sunday? I'm in!
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    What's the best battery app?

Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    Woah, Bachelor party from Friday to Sunday? I'm in!
    Lol aat my friends lakehouse

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts
    What is the battery app you are using? I like the orientation of the battery and percentage.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cre8tivspirit View Post
    What is the battery app you are using? I like the orientation of the battery and percentage.
    Currently using "Battery widget for WP 8" but it's inaccurate and updates every 30 minutes. I'd like one that is live, if it's offered?

Quote Originally Posted by cre8tivspirit View Post
    I'm using Battery Tile - same issue as Agpe17, it only updates every 30 minutes, so it's not super useful, but it's free and better than nothing.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Lot's of good stuff here. Gives me ideas for whenever I get my WP8.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    Yes, you can link inboxes :) : Link my email accounts | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

The airplane mode came from an app called "Settings Plus". Unfortunately they don't have a true toggle tile yet, it's still a shortcut to the settings, but it's better than nothing...

@ncxcstud - Will try Bing Vision - thanks! Haven't needed to scan a QR yet...
    @scottcraft - Thanks - still playing with it and tweaking it, but glad I have the option to set it up however I want
    @downhillrider - go for it... it's open source :lol:

When you link inboxes, does it let you choose which email account to respond from? I have an outlook.com account, gmail account and thena work account. I don't mind my personal being combined, but my work needs to reply from my work email....

Thanks

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Didn't really see too many people pin a lot of contacts to their homescreen. I may change this, but it seems fitting for my most important contacts to surround the people hub.
    screen1.jpgscreen2.jpg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast