Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I do not have internet sharing (wont pay for it). I have a zip file in my email that I need to get on my computer as I am working somewhere with no WiFi access.
    I see no way to save the file to anywhere on my phone that I can access when I connect phone to computer. The only folders shown when connected are Docs, Music, Ringtones, Videos.

It would be nice to be able to save email files of any type to a personal folder you can use for storage

Any thoughts?

I've been harping on this for a while. It amazes me hoe this is such a non issue to Microsoft. I get videos all the time. I want to save it directly from that email. Not some round about sky drive way. Makes no sense to me. In other words its not possible.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express
    My gut tells me MS doesn't want to allow some sort of unpacked file to screw up the system (virus, etc.) Apple is the same way.

Try looking into an application called dropbox. I was able to unzip files there. Don't know about transferring the file after that since I don't get my Nokia until tomorrow XD

what about mp3 files? how the **** are you supposed to save attachments and where do they get saved to?

I do have the same "problem" with the phone.
    I will use my PC and sync the MP3 to the phone but I start to understand why people like Android.
    There should by a "door" to enable fancy functions on the phone, same as Windows 8 on a PC.
    George

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts
    This is one of the few things holding me back from getting WP8. I've been able to save a file on my phone for almost 10 years. Why can't I do it now?
    Please post in this thread for any desired improvements to WP8. This thread is closed

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...s-succeed.html