Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Has anyone else had a problem using their cars Bluetooth hands-free system w/ WP8? I can pair mine w/ the car just as I did with 7.x no problem. It connects fine with no error however when I activate anything via speech on the phone nothing happens. It comes up on the phone like it's listening, etc but the mic in the car isn't transmitting any data back to the phone or vice versa. I assume this has something to do with Bluetooth profiles but again why would they lose support for things that did work in 7.x. This is a function/feature of the phone I use a lot while driving and will miss it.

Just FYI ... I have a 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe w/ Tech Package (Nav and Bluetooth integration) and a Lumia 920. I have not tried pairing it with anyone else's cars to see if it works without a problem or not. My thought is that newer cars likely do work as they probably have newer Bluetooth profiles, etc.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have had some issues with the phone freezing up when connecting to bluetooth audio device. It seems to have trouble launching the music app, because with music app launched it doesn't seem to freeze when connecting.

I've been having similar problems on my 920.

The first time I tried I had issues. Make sure you have speech recognition configured.

The first time you aren't on Bluetooth hold the start button to prompt speech recognition, it should pop up a confirmation box if you haven't done it already.

Otherwise it is in Settings > speech > enable speech recognition service.

I still have flaky success, perhaps allowing when the phone is locked would help?

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBrknSystm View Post
    Has anyone else had a problem using their cars Bluetooth hands-free system w/ WP8? I can pair mine w/ the car just as I did with 7.x no problem. It connects fine with no error however when I activate anything via speech on the phone nothing happens. It comes up on the phone like it's listening, etc but the mic in the car isn't transmitting any data back to the phone or vice versa. I assume this has something to do with Bluetooth profiles but again why would they lose support for things that did work in 7.x. This is a function/feature of the phone I use a lot while driving and will miss it.

I am having similar problems in my 2009 Acura TL. I was using the HTC Titan WP7.5. Incoming text messages would be announced and read and I could speak a reply. Very convenient. Now that does not happen. Also, the speech function does not work, exactly as you describe, when I try to use the speech function to get my phone to dial a contact. In fact its worse, because not only does that not work, but when I get out of my car I find that the entire audio system in my phone has crashed, I get no audio in any function (music, you tube, etc) and have to reboot the phone to get audio back.

Something clearly wrong here with the Bluetooth.

Just FYI ... I have a 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe w/ Tech Package (Nav and Bluetooth integration) and a Lumia 920. I have not tried pairing it with anyone else's cars to see if it works without a problem or not. My thought is that newer cars likely do work as they probably have newer Bluetooth profiles, etc.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBrknSystm View Post

I am having the exact same issues with my AT&T HTC 8X in my 2009 Acura TL. I previously had the HTC Titan running WP7.5, and it worked beautifully in my car. Incoming text messages were real aloud and I could speak and send a reply. Now, no audio for incoming text messages. And its even worse because when I try to use Speech to dial a contact while in my car, it freezes as if it doesn't hear me. Then when I get out of my car, all audio on my phone is crashed and i have to reboot the phone.

This is a real setback in the functionality of my phone in my car. This bluetooth software in WP8 is not working as it should, not working as WP7.5 did.

BTW, I can make and receive calls fine in my car.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I had emailed HTC support and this is what I got in response:
    "I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you; However, even if the phone pairs with your car Bluetooth, the use of the kit features on your car may be limited to some devices, keep in mind the HTC 8X works with the newest Microsoft Windows Phone 8 OS, which may not be compatible with all the Bluetooth devices on the market. I recommend you to contact the Bluetooth manufacture for troubleshooting."

I have multiple Bluetooth devices and all worked fine with my focus. My 920 wp8 phone freezes and only sometimes connects on Bluetooth. There is definitely something wrong with the Bluetooth implementation on wp8

I have a Lumia 920 that is acting up with a Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium with stock headunit. In my case, pairing works just fine, but the music won't advance to the next track. Just talked to my dealer and he said he has the same issues with someone else's Galaxy Note 2. Searching online, I see iPhone 5s with the same issues. This seems to be more of an industry wide issue. He was saying that the new phones all have the latest and greatest for chipsets, but most auto manufacturers work on about a 3 year delay to get their headunits into production cars. So the phones are rapidly outpacing the tech in the cars.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yup mine connects sometimes and sometimes i have to open the bluetooth settings and select My Car to connect it. Worked perfectly on 7.5. On WP7.5 with my aux cable in text messages would still be read out over the bluetooth, WP8 doesnt do that. Nissan Sentra 2010

Hi
    I just bought a Nokia Lumia 920 and I have a 2012 Nissan Altima. When i try to pair the phone with car, the car bluetooth asks me to press the "Call" or "Green" button on the phone. I cannot find that on my Nokia 920 !
    Can someone help

Thanks,
    Mayank

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I just setup my Lumia 620 with my Honda Accord HandsFreeLink. Not a single issue. Works great.

Similar issue with 2008 Prius. The HTC 8X accepts the Bluetooth/hands-free voice command to dial, dials the call and then disconnects.

There is a similar issue with voice dialing using the speakerphone. See: Speaker and MIC disabled with voice control problem.... Supposedly this bug is addressed in the long-promised WP8 update. With luck, the Bluetooth bug will be fixed also.

Net of these two issues (and some others), does anybody know of a formal way to submit WP8 bug reports to Microsoft? Verizon tech support can only handle problems they've seen before, as noted in the other thread HTC's tech support seems lame and Microsoft now only has "Community Forums" with marginally competent (and literate) "moderators."

I just bought a 2013 Nissan Ultima SV with navigation. I have the same problem with no audio/speak confirmations (text, search, etc.). The phone is requesting to say the command and says it listening but there is no volume coming from the car speakers. I still text and receive text through the bluetooth, just not audio confirmations. I have a HTC Trophy from Verizon running 7.8 latest version. It previously worked flawlessly when I had my 2010 Nissan Altima SL without navigation. I am wondering if the new bluetooth software in the 2013 model with navigation is the culprit. I am going to the dealer tomorrow to show them the issue. I am also going to have them let me demonstrate on a 2010 Altima without navigation to see if the problem is still there. Will report an update later this week...
    Even though the OP never came back...+1 to the Coupe! haha

I have an '08 Coupe but no Tech package so we have a stand alone Bluetooth in the Aux port. My main complaint is that the voice that reads the Texts to you is always SOOOOOO QUIET! i have to turn it up to ~25 when normal music is 8-10 range.

I have a '10 Hyundai Genesis sedan w/ the Nav package (no Tech though) and I can get my L920 to pair and play music fine. Steering wheel controls do advance track as well, but the track/title doesn't display (only works w/ USB connection). However, I haven't had voice commands work at all through the phone. I had 1 text message come in and the phone did read it, but it was so quiet I couldn't understand what was said. Based on someone's recommendation I went into settings and just noticed under Settings > Speech there is a check box (mine wasn't checked) called Use Speech when the phone is locked. I just checked it and will try today on my lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt21484 View Post
    I have a '10 Hyundai Genesis sedan w/ the Nav package (no Tech though) and I can get my L920 to pair and play music fine. Steering wheel controls do advance track as well, but the track/title doesn't display (only works w/ USB connection). However, I haven't had voice commands work at all through the phone. I had 1 text message come in and the phone did read it, but it was so quiet I couldn't understand what was said. Based on someone's recommendation I went into settings and just noticed under Settings > Speech there is a check box (mine wasn't checked) called Use Speech when the phone is locked. I just checked it and will try today on my lunch.
    If ANYONE knows how to change that, please let me know. I can't find anything at all...

Went to the dealer and he hooked up his iPhone and all Siri audio voice commands played through my speakers! So he helped me set up my phone and got it to work. I am not sure why this worked, but after we paired the phone, we went into phone settings on the onscreen navigation display and then chose "choose selected device". We chose my HTC trophy that was paired, and now I am getting all the audio confirmations on the phone after holding down the start button to launch voice commands. I can text hands free via bluetooth again with phone audio confirmations and also all audio confirmations play through the speakers. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Regarding the volume issue, I have to keep my phone around level 15 for the audio confirmations to be heard at a good volume. I wish windows phone had different volume levels for different like droid phones...maybe someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC13 View Post
    Regarding the volume issue, I have to keep my phone around level 15 for the audio confirmations to be heard at a good volume. I wish windows phone had different volume levels for different like droid phones...maybe someday.
    There isn't a huge discrepancy between Music volume and Voice Command volume for you?