Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By andrelamont
  • 2 Post By ImmortalWarrior

I guess I could complain as I usually do but this time, I will say what I do like!

* Just testing out the backup / restore feature and it works...including text messages! Nice features...even restored apps I purchased. It does re-install the AT&T apps that I guess are baked into the rom(?)
    People Groups were saved

* They have really added a lot more emoticons...now I can compete with my daughter. I don't know if they map the iphone graphical emoticon over to WP

* Love the new accent colors (Cleveland Browns Orange!!! )...but want even more...like chocolate!

* a location icon is display whenever and app is using the location services
    Thanked by:
    socialcarpet likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    This is a novel idea. Post things we actually LIKE about our phones. :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    This is a novel idea. Post things we actually LIKE about our phones. :lol:
    I like the fact that my phone is weightless, and nowhere to be seen. Thanks Rogers.
    ncxcstud and andrelamont like this.

Actually I am loving WP8. Coming from several years of android, I find windows to be better. The only thing I don't like is the lack of a few apps, mainly a good audiobook player. But there is things I love that Android don't have like the people hub I find that very good.

This may seem like a pretty minor thing, but selecting text seems much better in Windows Phone 8. In WP7 it didn't seem super precise, and I'd usually have to manually adjust the selection area, but WP8 seems to do a much better job of selecting what I want out of the gate.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Most of the WP8 emoticons map over to iPhones running iOS 5 or iOS 6. I tested this today.

Some iPhone "emojis" aren't coming across, though (probably a good thing) :D

Everyone may moan that the 920 daylight shots don't give photo geeks a hard on, but the camera and photo quality is soo much of an improvement over my HD7 i don't feel the need to grab the missus' iphone for every photo.

wireless charging is also excellent. Just a shame i can't do wireless sync any more. The minute they sort that, i'll never need to use USB again.