Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    I need to make a playlist that has both ZunePass/XBOX Music Pass DRM song and purchased songs. If I do it in Windows Media Player, it doesn't sync the DRM music to my phone. If I simply copy the music over, I have no playlists. What is the best way to do that right now?

Thanks!
    Brian

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I also want to do this... I can figure out how to make a playlist in my Windows 8 desktop, but there appears to be no way to copy that playlist to my phone. Heck, the Windows Phone 8 app even taunts me with "It's lonely in here" when I click on "playlists", so I figure there must be a way to create one.

Isn't there?

I've hated this about windows phone in general. I listen to music alot and there does seem to be an EASY way to make playlists on this thing. Unless wp8 changed this and I'm not seeing it.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    The easiest way is to create one in windows media player and then use the sync tab in windows media player to sync it to the phone.

I am also wondering the same... I just started getting some songs onto my phone. I have found out...

If you have the song on your phone, if you hit the menu (...) at the bottom right of the screen, you can "save as playlist". Enter the playlist name you want.

When you go back to "music" menu, you can scroll to 'playlists' (playlists, genres, artists, albums, songs) and see your newly created playlist there.

Hope that helps. I did this on the default green music and videos icon. It does not seem to work, no playlist making option, when you go to Nokia Music. Nokia Music, however will see the playlists you have already made.

Also - I guess it does not matter if your songs are in any folders or not? (I like to put them in folders, so I can find them more easily later).

(I am not sure if playlists save to desktop. I at least wanted playlists on my phone for now.)

Issue is you can add a new playlist, but not add songs to it, except for the first one.

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wpcautobot View Post
    Issue is you can add a new playlist, but not add songs to it, except for the first one.
    Agreed...you can't continuously add music to a playlist from a Windows Phone...this needs fixed if their goal is for the phone to be a "standalone" device.
    Thanked by:
    Arafat Sa likes this.

I have been struggling to create a playlist for WP8 for the past couple days. It would be nice to differentiate the songs user downloads using the Music Pass and the ones he/she already have on their device (similar to what you can do with Spotify).
    I wonder how much difficult would be for Microsoft to fix that as it not a simple app you could patch it up with a different version. I just hope we don´t have to wait until WP9 to see it solved =/
    Last edited by Candango11; 11-19-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Bad Typo
    Zigfrid likes this.

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candango11 View Post
    I have been struggling to create a playlist for WP8 for the past couple days. It would be nice to differentiate the songs user downloads using the Music Pass and the ones he/she already have on their device (similar to what you can do with Spotify).
    I wonder how much difficult would be for Microsoft to fix that as it not a simple app you could patch it up with a different version. I just hope we don´t have to wait until WP9 to see it solved =/
    I think there is...I see music labeled as either a cloud, a radio symbol or music symbol...however, I am now seeing any real synergy with them. So for now, I am creating playlists that are prefaced with OWNED, ZUNE, PHONE or STREAMING...

I had to create the playlist in the phone, i added the music to 'now playing' and then using the charms at the bottom found 'create playlist'
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seraphim19 View Post
    I had to create the playlist in the phone, i added the music to 'now playing' and then using the charms at the bottom found 'create playlist'
    Wow...you made it work...at least when creating a list initially...if the "now playing" data gets lost and you want to add to that list, I assume you have to rebuild the complete list again, right?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by garak0410 View Post
    Wow...you made it work...at least when creating a list initially...if the "now playing" data gets lost and you want to add to that list, I assume you have to rebuild the complete list again, right?
    Yeah, so when setting it up if you lose the now playing by accidentally selecting a song or something, you have to rebuild the whole list :/ its pretty freaking tedious. But when you finally get your list and save it you can always select it again in the 'playlists' if it drops from the 'now playing'. I wish i could just use zune, its so freaking annoying.

Wow, this seems very tedious for such a basic feature. I hope its something that gets corrected with an OTA update.

Global Posts
    1,319 Global Posts
    indefinately it will, and the more the complaints , the quicker it will be resolved, dont be afraid to voice your opinion
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx
    easiest way i have found is to hook up to a pc, view your music folder in windows explorer, and you can click all the songs/folders you want and click create playlist then it shows up on your phone immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoHand69 View Post
    Wow, this seems very tedious for such a basic feature. I hope its something that gets corrected with an OTA update.
    Agreed. I was wondering if there is a patent on playlist making that blocks them from doing it more easily... At this point in the patent wars I wouldn't be surprised.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Is there any way to just play the songs you have set as favorites by hearting them?

Global Posts
    1,654 Global Posts
    I miss Zune. Still using my ZuneHD in my car and don't really bother with music on my phone yet. A shame really.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    never thought i'd say it but I miss Zune :(

Apparently you can use Windows Media Player to Frankenstein a solution . . .

The Best Way to Sync Windows Phone 8; Not What You’d Expect | Pocketnow

You can also create playlists in iTunes and then sync then with the Windows Phone Desktop App, works perfectly.

Unfortunatly it doesn't work. Only the playlist name is copied, but it still blank. Microsoft abolished playlist on WP8. The best way to copy your playlist is by change your phone to iPhone or Android.

LOL I am coming from iPhone then Android. Just bought a Lumia 920 and this phone is just great except for WP8. With iOS and Android you can create playlists on the fly but not on WP8. What's the use to have the "most advanced" smartphone and to have to connect it some online account or even your PC just to organize what you want to listen on it. Try that at 35,000 ft on a flight between London and Tokyo!
    Microsoft developers should use iPhone and Android phones before designing their OS, after all how do you want to beat the competition if you don't even include their best features. Guys, we don't need to reinvent the wheel here, we just need something better or on par with the rest.
    Thanked by:
    Oranges123 likes this.

I just got myself a Lumia 820 with WP8.
    I thought: copy the music files to my sd card; create a nice playlist and off we go...
    But unfortunatelly that's not how it went with these stupid playlists! :-(

The way I eventually solved it; was by using MediaMonkey.
    In the tag Genre; I put the name of the what I would like the playlist to be called. e.g: Calm; Running; Party (in function of the task I like to name them)
    Then I copied them over and went to the 'Music' screen in Windows Phone; there I went to 'Genre' topic and then clicked the play button next to the genre I wanted to play. (this way all the songs under that section get added to play)
    At the bottom I then select 'save as playlist' and give it the same name; now all my songs are added.

But then I wanted to order them a bit... again misery :-(
    I finally solved this by opening Windows Explorer; going to my Phone device to the 'Phone\Playlist' node and then doubleclicking the playlist I wanted to edit.
    (If you don't see your playlist after creating it; just disconnect the usb cable and reconnect.)
    This opens a very simple and user-unfriendly dialogbox which isn't even resizable; but it does the job! (Trying to open the playlist in Media Player doesn't even work, I would assume this is the app to use!)

All of this just for creating a playlist and editing it????????????????
    Microsoft sure has a long way to go to get this feature mature! Isn't there somewhere to vote; contact them?
    I can't imagine that they actually find this feature user friendly; it's barely usable.
    @ majortom1981 thank you man .i was going nuts with this problem. your trick is perfect.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast