Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimboJones2268

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I have an insanely picky brother who needs his phone to be "just right".

I'm trying to convince him that he'll be happier with a WP8 device over an iPhone5, however, I don't use the Podcast function on my phone at all, really - compared to my brother who uses it every day and needs it to work.

That being said, how does Windows Phone 8 handle podcasts? Can podcasts be updated automatically in the background over wifi? Can Windows Phone 8 support .m4a files with Podcast chapters?

Bonus question: is there anything that will allow my brother to mirror his phone on the television?

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    :mellow:

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    It definitely downloads and syncs podcasts, but the selection is a little bit smaller than the iTunes selection. Sometimes you have to manually add more obscure titles.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    It definitely downloads and syncs podcasts, but the selection is a little bit smaller than the iTunes selection. Sometimes you have to manually add more obscure titles.
    Can anyone explain how to manually add feeds for podcasts not in the wp marketplace?

Lumia 925 w/ 8.1 on T-Mobile
    Xbox One: AbsoluteZerow

You should know that the podcast functionality depends on whether you live in the US or not. Outside the US you won't have the option to manage or subscribe to podcasts on the device.

I'm from germany and I need an app to handle podcasts. The options in the store are very poor and in no way comparable to Instacast on iOS. The current situation is very frustating.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdsun View Post
    You should know that the podcast functionality depends on whether you live in the US or not. Outside the US you won't have the option to manage or subscribe to podcasts on the device.

I'm from germany and I need an app to handle podcasts. The options in the store are very poor and in no way comparable to Instacast on iOS. The current situation is very frustating.
    wpodder just about works.
    brmiller1976 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Manually adding non-Store podcasts requires a podcast app from the Store.

wpodder did the trick, it's like a missing feature of the WP. Thank you for the recommendation.