Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PG2G

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Hi,

The 'automatic' profile photos synced with facebook are fine, but if I manually set a profile photo for a contact using a jpg photo, it asks to crop, and comes out beautifully. After a few hours however, I'll look at the contact again and the photo will be all pixelated, and if that person calls me, the photo that comes up is terribly pixelated!

Anyone else experiencing this, and any fix?

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by octavian90 View Post
    Hi,

The 'automatic' profile photos synced with facebook are fine, but if I manually set a profile photo for a contact using a jpg photo, it asks to crop, and comes out beautifully. After a few hours however, I'll look at the contact again and the photo will be all pixelated, and if that person calls me, the photo that comes up is terribly pixelated!

Anyone else experiencing this, and any fix?
    Oddly enough, I had this same issue on the Galaxy S3 I had before my 920.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Can't fix it! Sigh..

What are you synching your contacts to? Google is known to compress these images (which syncs them back down to the phone)
    Thanked by:
    brmiller1976 likes this.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PG2G View Post
    What are you synching your contacts to? Google is known to compress these images (which syncs them back down to the phone)

sir you are excellent. That's exactly the problem. Since we can't create local contacts (can we??), I made a hotmail one and linked it..hope the high quality sticks.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Google is the root of most usability issues. Be it that awful Android OS, or various compromises it makes with user data, the less Google on your device, the fewer problems you'll have.

The bonus is not having all of your personal information and correspondence scraped and resold to advertisers.