Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    hey guys. since Wp8 is out I am wondering how are ur friends, relatives etc. reacted to your new wp8 device

I got a 8S and people around me at school. are always looking at it mine is blue and they love the colours...

So how are your friends, relatives etc. reacted to your new wp8 device
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I've had very positive feedback from everyone so far. People seem generally impressed with the look of the HTC 8X and the speed at which Windows Phone 8 seems to run. Even when I've explained that apps are thin on the ground they still seem interested.

One workmate is already planning to get one on contract now. The other thing is that people are impressed with the price. Iphone 5 is 500 but you could get this for 380. Thats a quite a lot of money and certainly makes people stop and think.

The thing that I've found is holding people back is actually long term value. If you buy an iPhone 5 today then you can be sure that in a year it will be worth several hundred pounds. I have no idea if my HTC 8X will be worth anything in a year. It might be out of date and undesirable by then.
    - Dubstep, Reggae, Drum & Bass, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Breaks, Ska & more.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ditched my iPhone 4S for the HTC 8X... No regrets!

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    hey guys. since Wp8 is out I am wondering how are ur friends, relatives etc. reacted to your new wp8 device

I got a 8S and people around me at school. are always looking at it mine is blue and they love the colours...

So how are your friends, relatives etc. reacted to your new wp8 device
    8S it's already available in NZ? How it's your experience using it?

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Man, I'd love to see the 8S in person. I wonder if it's coming to the US...

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davide445 View Post
    8S it's already available in NZ? How it's your experience using it?
    oh. it's fine. perfect little phone. I just got it though. so haven't downloaded apps yet

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]
    Danny, whenever you get a minute, could you see if WP8 ready social networking apps work fine with your phone or not? I saw threads for David who wanted 8S but was concerned that 512 will be challenging RAM. I want a 8S if I can't get Yellow 920, so it will help me make the choice ;)

Also things like Tango and a couple of games etc? - things that you think might need huge processing power. Do you see any difference?

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Danny, whenever you get a minute, could you see if WP8 ready social networking apps work fine with your phone or not? I saw threads for David who wanted 8S but was concerned that 512 will be challenging RAM. I want a 8S if I can't get Yellow 920, so it will help me make the choice ;)

Also things like Tango and a couple of games etc? - things that you think might need huge processing power. Do you see any difference?
    Hey man. I don't have any apps yet. since I'm studying. But I think they'll work. they worked in wp7.5 phones. that had 512MB of ram. they'll surely work on the 8S. developers MUST follow the Wp8 requirements. It has to run on every Wp8 device
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 11-11-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I haven't really been showing it off to people. Most of my friends aren't that interested in smartphones, they just buy an iPhone or whatever Android POS captures their attention and use it for 2 years then buy another. They don't surf forums about phones or think about them much at all.

I have one friend who bought a Lumia 710 on my recommendation and she was excited about it. That's about it.

It's OK though, I bought it for me. I'm not much of an evangelist these days. If people are curious and they ask about my phone I will be happy to tell them about it though.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I have a lot of friends that are very impressed with the 920. Even some of my Apple friends had something nice to say about the phone. I've already converted one person over to WP from iOS, and she loves it.

I hope this platform really catches on this time around, because I LOVE my 920!
    tissotti and Aggemam like this.

Global Posts
    3,690 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I've been busy trying to get my phone unlocked, when I took it into town yesterday one of the people was getting a closer look at the phone and he was amazed how good it felt in the hand, he commented how nice it was and asked where he could get one. Not bad from someone whose business is all about phones. Oh and no, he couldn't unlock it.

My cousin in law spotted my phone and said, that's s nice looking phone. I told her it was the 8x. I let her play with it and she said the screen was nice and the phone felt nice in her hand. Of course it did. Its the 8x. Lol.

Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express
    Smg-Uk likes this.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    My friends love my red 920 and she's convinced that's she's going to leave her iPhone for a cyan 920. Nothing but great responses.

I sat my black lumia 920 down next to my roommate. He didn't do anything because he thought it was my black lumia 900. Then I told him I upgraded and that's the 920, he then picked it up and started harassing me about the weight. He has an iPhone 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by cddigi View Post
    I sat my black lumia 920 down next to my roommate. He didn't do anything because he thought it was my black lumia 900. Then I told him I upgraded and that's the 920, he then picked it up and started harassing me about the weight. He has an iPhone 5.
    When you sat it down did it not reduce the desk to matchsticks? That's what The Verge and Gizmodo have led me to believe.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    My Apple fanboy co worker;

"Wow this thing is nicer than anything Apple has came out with"

Shock and awe from me in response.
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    My Apple fanboy co worker;

"Wow this thing is nicer than anything Apple has came out with"

Shock and awe from me in response.
    We know this to be true. :D:D

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalWarrior View Post
    When you sat it down did it not reduce the desk to matchsticks? That's what The Verge and Gizmodo have led me to believe.
    I thought The Verge review handled the weight issue just fine. Gizmodo on the other hand is just a digital only tabloid that shouldn't be taken seriously.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalWarrior View Post
    We know this to be true. :D:D
    He also had zero commend on the weight of the phone.

Two of my apple friends like my Lumia 920,

1st friend said "Its really nice, I would buy one if i could afford, I especially like it because of office and the tiles"

2nd friend said "I think my next phone will be a windows phone your phone looks really sexy, does it have instagram yet?" (I laughed in my head about the instagram bit)
    also with my second friend she made a joke about my phone saying "oh yeah let me see your brick phone" i just laughed and was like its actually not that heavy she then compared it to her iphone4s and agreed she said "oh yeah no big difference in weight"

My cousin who currently uses an android phone
    "ohhhh new phone let me see"....10mins later he says "Can i borrow your phone please I want to play on it more!" also weeks before i got my wp8 he said "My next phone will definitely be a windows phone"

Im slowly convincing my family and friends to joing wp =D and it helps to have attractive phone designs from nokia and htc.
    metalchick719 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I was sending an e-mail in a cafe over lunch when a woman came up and asked "what kind of phone is that?"

I told her it was a Nokia 920 with Windows Phone, and she said "oh cool! Do you like it? I was thinking about getting a Windows Phone."

I've never heard anyone say that before...

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    oh. it's fine. perfect little phone. I just got it though. so haven't downloaded apps yet
    Danny I hope in a short time you will master it :), after that learning could you share your experience on that device here or in the 8S thread?

I think you are the first got one, so your first hand experience will be really useful!

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davide445 View Post
    Danny I hope in a short time you will master it :), after that learning could you share your experience on that device here or in the 8S thread?

I think you are the first got one, so your first hand experience will be really useful!
    Ok. so I heard you're ordered a 8S right? let me tell you whatever app runs fine on a wp7 device WILL run on the HTC 8S. It's simple.

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Ok. so I heard you're ordered a 8S right? let me tell you whatever app runs fine on a wp7 device WILL run on the HTC 8S. It's simple.
    No more concern with that, I will maintain my order and I think all will be fine.

But I'm (and I think other are) also curious, your the only one that have one in your hands.

All of the friends that I've shown mine to have loved it. One of them said he's definitely getting a WP when he can upgrade in the spring. My wife is the only one who is tentative about it, but she JUST bought a new iPhone 5 and loves it.
    Ive only shown my yellow lumia to a customer 5 seconds after my purchase. He bought the white lumia instead of galaxy s3.

I will be taking it to work today and will have much more stuff to add ;)
    However, one thing is for sure - it turns heads on the roads and tube stations!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast