Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Since Zune won't work, is there another program like it for Windows Phone 8 or is it different?

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Yes there is, try this

Windows Phone Support | Xbox LIVE, Windows Live, & Zune | Windows Phone 7 | Windows Phone (United States)

Or, you can use windows media player just as easily.
    Thanked by:

Thanks!

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    It's pretty crappy, be warned. No playlist support and the "syncing" is actually a manual wired transfer.

Dang it :(

Since Microsoft ditched the Zune name, but still has it's technology, why don't they update Windows Media Player to be Zunes successor? I would have absolutely no problem with using Windows Media Player to sort my music, add album/artist pictures and sync my Windows Phone with it. But right now, Zune does that job a heck of a lot better than Windows Media Player. Just merge the two already!
    CamiKitti and Big Supes like this.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    Zune got rolled into Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryNil View Post
    Zune got rolled into Xbox.
    I know, I'm not saying WMP should be Zune's "official" succesor, but I wouldn't mind it if WMP got the same features Zune has. I haven't seen an Xbox Music application with Zune's features after all...
    There's the new app that's available for both Windows 7 and 8. It enables music, photos and other media to be synchronised to and from a Windows Phone.

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: rich@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    Yes there is, try this

Windows Phone Support | Xbox LIVE, Windows Live, & Zune | Windows Phone 7 | Windows Phone (United States)

Or, you can use windows media player just as easily.
    So every time you update the playlist on your computer and want to re-sync it to your phone, you have to make sure to check everything you want on it. I just went to add another album and it started deleting everything off my phone. It's a preview, so I'll wait until the final version before I complain. Just make sure you remember to check each box of each playlist, album, artist, or song you want on your phone every time you want to add or remove music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Edmonds View Post
    There's the new app that's available for both Windows 7 and 8. It enables music, photos and other media to be synchronised to and from a Windows Phone.
    I use this too, works perfectly well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AaHaa View Post
    Since Microsoft ditched the Zune name, but still has it's technology, why don't they update Windows Media Player to be Zunes successor? I would have absolutely no problem with using Windows Media Player to sort my music, add album/artist pictures and sync my Windows Phone with it. But right now, Zune does that job a heck of a lot better than Windows Media Player. Just merge the two already!
    I totally agree!!

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    The last thing Microsoft needs is more media software fragmentation going forwards. I like the Zune software far more than WMP but nothing related to Zune (services, devices) ever took off, I believe partly because of such a weird, fragmented message. On Microsoft's own operating system, you have to go download weird software you've never heard of before - not the well-known WMP - in order to sync a Microsoft device?

I don't really see why the Xbox media services need to be broken into separate apps. If anything, they should be united into one app and that should be the successor to Zune. Makes sense going forwards.
    CamiKitti likes this.

So far, the new Windows Phone sync has worked the best for me.... (which doesn't say much) When I use WMP, the phone is terribly laggy at loading music (from sd card) When I use this new sync tool, the phone doesn't lag, but if I simply want to add one album, it HAS to replace Everything!!! Which, in my case, with 20 gbs of music, isn't no quick task!!! I seriously would rather use an updated Zune to sync music and to categorize videos. (that's another feature that I can't figure out why they would remove....)

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I don't understand the need for sync, I just get what I want from Xbox Music wirelessly. They really need to get distribution rights for videos to work though.

Not everyone can afford big amounts data each month.
    Thanked by:
    Dr. Impossible likes this.

I've always have used WMP to sync music. It seems to work fine. What's the down side?

MediaMonkey.

I am extremely disappointed in Microsoft's attempt at the WP apps, personally. They give you absolutely no control over metadata which drives me nuts.

WMP can't sync album art and album titles correctly. I've tried multiple times, but I'm OCD about my music. If it doesn't look right, I'm not putting it on my phone.

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CamiKitti View Post
    Not everyone can afford big amounts data each month.
    Right, you download on wifi and listen later. I have never physically connected my phone to sync music, I just download everything on wifi.
    Not all of us have the luxury of a home WiFi connection. (I know, right?!) WMP works ok but there were a few tunes I had to DL from the cloud. Streaming isn't feasible for me even if I had unlimited data, as I drive through a dead zone on my daily commute. I'm just thankful I've never broken down in it...

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Go to Starbucks and download your songs on wifi?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by chaseerry View Post
    MediaMonkey.
    Never used it. Worth trying out? Been using iTunes for too long ...

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I use MediaMonkey for all my music and find it to work great. But if you're a long time iTunes user, why don't you just use iTunes to sync with your WP phone?

Quote Originally Posted by rgba32bit View Post
    I've always have used WMP to sync music. It seems to work fine. What's the down side?

When I use WMP to sync music to my phone (I save it on an sd card) the music player is really slow at loading the music to load. I can't even use it, it's that slow. But when I use the new windows 8 app, it works al-rite. Are you putting music on your phone's memory or on an sd card?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast