• 2 Post By snowmutt
  • 1 Post By brmiller1976
  • 4 Post By sinime
  • 2 Post By robinleck
  • 1 Post By Mystictrust
  • 2 Post By socialcarpet
  • 1 Post By Coreldan
  1.    #1  
    As I cruise websites, I notice response on WP articles increasing. With WP 7, this wasn't true. An article might have a few or no responses. But WP 8 provides dozens of responses. Android and iPhone fanatics are also trolling- slamming WP 8 as much as they can. Another sign that Microsoft is building some momentum.

Heck, just look on our site. A few months ago, the top responses on threads were 40, maybe 60 postings. Now, all of our top threads are over 100 postings.

I know- unscientific, speculative, and argumentative. This does not guarantee sales. But, interest has to come first, right?

It is a place to build on. Go WP!!!
    "Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
    -John Wayne

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    In my un-scientific survey. I've noticed that the MS WP post on FB will get 1000's of likes now. Back during the WP7 days, it would rarely get about 100 very often.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    snowmutt and cedarlog like this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Angry Birds Star Wars came out at the same time. Wp7 doesn't have ABSW yet, which only means that fragmentation is the way of popularity.

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    You're talking gibberish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Angry Birds Star Wars came out at the same time. Wp7 doesn't have ABSW yet, which only means that fragmentation is the way of popularity.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,789 Global Posts
    I hate to admit it, but but I'm debating buying 2 920's outright, partially because of ABSW. Wife is also nagging me to upgrade... Jury is still out on whether a techy wife is a good thing or bad thing. If she wasn't techy, she'd be pushing to wait till our upgrade is available (March) which would save money.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I hate to admit it, but but I'm debating buying 2 920's outright, partially because of ABSW. Wife is also nagging me to upgrade... Jury is still out on whether a techy wife is a good thing or bad thing. If she wasn't techy, she'd be pushing to wait till our upgrade is available (March) which would save money.
    Buying two 920s outright just to play ABSW??????
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    To keep the Wife happy??? No brainer. you buy the 920 and don't look back. Money very well spent.

:D
    -John Wayne
    cedarlog and db4williams like this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    The trolling over Windows RT/Surface and WP8 has been utterly Over-The-Top in Droidworld and iOSland as of late. That's a Good Thing. They're not showing up on the BlackBerry boards to slam BB10...
    aubreyq likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    In my un-scientific survey. I've noticed that the MS WP post on FB will get 1000's of likes now. Back during the WP7 days, it would rarely get about 100 very often.
    THAT is a good sign. Wonder how Nokia's Facebook is fairing? Wonder how many "likes" the 8X and the 8S are getting on HTC's site.

By the way, as to your signature- Udonis Haslem is a very, very important player for the Heat- not just in this last championship run, but their first one....
    -John Wayne
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post

not just for ABSW, but I'm a little miffed by the delayed WP7 version... Really like the emoticons, start screen, camera, etc... And yeah, to keep the pregnant wife happy.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    The trolling over Windows RT/Surface and WP8 has been utterly Over-The-Top in Droidworld and iOSland as of late. That's a Good Thing. They're not showing up on the BlackBerry boards to slam BB10...
    That's because BB10 is not going to be a threat to Droid & IOS, only WP8 is. These trolls are feeling the heat.
    The Sun Is Steadily But Surely Rising on WP8 \o/
    brmiller1976 and cedarlog like this.

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    They are getting much more likes also.

Udonis is important, but he could easily be replace.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    THAT is a good sign. Wonder how Nokia's Facebook is fairing? Wonder how many "likes" the 8X and the 8S are getting on HTC's site.

By the way, as to your signature- Udonis Haslem is a very, very important player for the Heat- not just in this last championship run, but their first one....

Are you with AT&T now? They will probably early upgrade you. Worth a few tries.

“You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.”― Wayne W. Dyer
    ;)

... And yeah, to keep the pregnant wife happy.
    Happy wife happy life :P
    snowmutt likes this.

Yup. Windows Phone will move numbers next year...

Global Posts
    1,712 Global Posts
    WP FTW!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    Back in the WP7 days.....a whole THREE days ago.
    snowmutt and brmiller1976 like this.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Yep... the old days... tin cans and strings, Morse code, pony express, and WP 7....

Can remember using the LG Quantum back in the wooden ships and sales days.

:)
    -John Wayne

Put it this way - when I got my Focus in 2010, I was the only one at the store when it opened and no one else came in the entire time I was there to get it (not saying people did after I left though).

I could find a store with a Focus pretty easily, because no one really was purchasing them.

But, sonofa... Trying to pry info out of Best Buy and searching on AT&T stores has been a nightmare to find someone with something other than black. Craziness. I hope its because its so popular people are just gobbling it up. But, I feel it has a little to do with that and a lot to do with not having enough product out there.
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    It's a combination of both. Colors other than black are selling out fast for both the 920 and 820, and AT&T won't hold them for customers. First come, first served.

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    Yep a whole three days ago. They way WP7 is being treated. I'd figure it was 3 years ago. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post

Here's my litmus test. It's been working pretty well so far.

So when i used to pull out my HD7 in front of a work colleague, they would say "what phone is that?" to which I'd reply "it's a Windows Phone." They would invariably reply with "a what?" and sound utterly uninterested.

Everyone who has seen my 8X has asked me, "Ooh, is that one of them new Windows Phones?!" in excited tones. Usually followed by "can I have a go?"

And we're not even talking about a tech-savvy crowd here - this is people for whom X-Factor is their primary means of entertainment. ;)

I had a colleague who has had iPhones for several years come into my office this morning and say. Hey I was at the mall this weekend and saw that new Lumina :lol: that you ordered. (I'm waiting on yellow) He said they had it displayed right next to the iPhone 5. He said it was faster, and the quality top notched. When he needs a new phone he would certainly look at WP8.

“You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.”― Wayne W. Dyer
    ;)

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    Makes me sad that I will look like a follower. My Titan is not able to get wp8 and since I only bought it less than a year ago, I have another year to wait. By then many people will have windows phones and the general excitement will have subsided. So no ego stroking for me when I pull out my new surface phone next year. :dry

I was in the movies watching the new James Bond yesterday and around me I saw like 5 people use their cellphones in my vicinity. The only non-WP was my dad's Samsung xcover or whatever it is, the supposedly more durable cheap android phone :D

Given, this was in Finland, but still :D And WP8 hasn't even started selling here yet. In front of me sat a guy with his son. I think the dad was a Nokia employee, as he sorta looked like one and he had a yellow Lumia 820.
    snowmutt likes this.