Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gsquared
  1. garak0410's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
       #1  
    I preordered my Lumia 920 online because it said it would be here by today (9th) but FedEx tracking shows Monday now. Has anyone else had a broken promise delivery date on theirs too?

    Also, is AT&T trustworthy to refund my order if I decide to refuse delivery and just go to the store today to get the phone?

    Thanks!
    Brian
  2. Why0Why's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by garak0410 View Post
    I preordered my Lumia 920 online because it said it would be here by today (9th) but FedEx tracking shows Monday now. Has anyone else had a broken promise delivery date on theirs too?

    Also, is AT&T trustworthy to refund my order if I decide to refuse delivery and just go to the store today to get the phone?

    Thanks!
    Brian
    Very frustrated here too. They said definitely by today and mine shipped by USPS! Yes, mail, not ups. And it didn't ship until last night. Way to treat people that preorder.
  3. garak0410's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Why0Why View Post
    Very frustrated here too. They said definitely by today and mine shipped by USPS! Yes, mail, not ups. And it didn't ship until last night. Way to treat people that preorder.
    As long as my Delivery Refusal from FedEx will be my proof to AT&T, I may refuse delivery and get from store today. Just want assurance they will refund my refusal upon receipt.
  4. markgrif's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    22 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by garak0410 View Post
    As long as my Delivery Refusal from FedEx will be my proof to AT&T, I may refuse delivery and get from store today. Just want assurance they will refund my refusal upon receipt.
    I did that on my Lumia 900. There was no problem. The store rep even shipped it back for me!

    Just be sure you go to a "corporate" store. They can do things like that, as well as match any AT&T online offer, like the charger. The other non-corporate outlets can't do that.

    I had even opened mine up. Inside is a return label.
  5. Why0Why's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #5  
    I have had this happen with the iPhone before too. I should have known better. I guess I will just wait until Monday. I have just been waiting so long and I was hoping to play with it this weekend.
  6. brmiller1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #6  
    Mine promised a UPS date of yesterday and a delivery date of today.

    I got an e-mail yesterday saying it had shipped, but no tracking number.

    I called and they claim it's "still in processing and will be sent out in the next couple of business days."

    I said "that's unacceptable, my order clearly states it was to be mailed the 8th, and I paid for overnight shipping."

    I got a "well, we don't guarantee anything" answer.

    At least their customer service is as bad as I remember. :)

    If I don't get it today or tomorrow, I will be quite unhappy. With my luck, T-Mo will have my 8X ready before AT&T gets me my "overnighted" 920 comparer.
  7. conanheath's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    450 Posts
    Global Posts
    581 Global Posts
    #7  
    I didn't get tracking # in shipping confirmation email either, but if you sign in to your ATT account and check orders it might be there. I found mine there and it was correct.
  8. ryanv12's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #8  
    Mine is supposed to be delivered on Monday as well. It's disappointing, but I can wait until Monday. I'll just go outside for the first time since September ;)
  9. gsquared's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,375 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    #9  
    WTF Man!

    Your posting this on multiple boards!

    Suck it up and you will get your phone...
    aubreyq likes this.
  10. brmiller1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #10  
    Their order system is messed up. I called and got a tracking number -- my phone is in my city, on a delivery truck as of 7 AM this morning, and I will receive it on time. You should call and get the information.
  11. TMavC5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    592 Posts
    #11  
    Good way to get AT&T to waive $36 dollars upgrade fee.
  12. garak0410's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    WTF Man!

    Your posting this on multiple boards!

    Suck it up and you will get your phone...
    Give me the benefit of the doubt as a new user. My post timed out and when I realized I posted in the wrong forum anyway, I reposted, not knowing the other post made it.

    Anyway, I went to the store to get my 920, saved $100.00 more than the pre-order and I am refusing delivery on the pre-order.

Posting Permissions