Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Adam Nash
  • 2 Post By brmiller1976

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Tempted to try to fly in for this event - would love to hear things first hand. Don't know if this is a members only event or broadly open to the public. For the Nokia fans - they are sponsoring too.

Churchill Club - Event Detail - Premier: Steve Ballmer in Conversation with Reid Hoffman

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Oh, I'd love to be in the audience.

"Reid, your company is famous for firing people all the time for 'merely adequate' performance (even though you don't have any real performance measurement or evaluation system internally). You have a culture deck that claims that firing regularly is important to maintain top talent, and anybody not performing 'well beyond market average' is a liability best fired and paid a generous severance. Your stock is down over 70% over the past year and you've missed earnings estimates three quarters in a row. Clearly that isn't even 'adequate.' When can we expect you and the rest of the top management to be fired, based on the values in your 'culture deck'?"

(in other words, their "culture" is corporate BS) ;)

@brmiller1976

You are thinking of Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix. Reid Hoffman is a partner at Greylock Partners, and the founder/chairman of LinkedIn. :)
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq and brmiller1976 like this.

Why hasn't Ballmer been fired yet? MSFT stock flat for 11 years.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Nash View Post
    @brmiller1976

You are thinking of Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix. Reid Hoffman is a partner at Greylock Partners, and the founder/chairman of LinkedIn. :)
    Oh drat, you are right.

OK, I officially feel dumb now. Maybe I should buy an iPhone 5. :D
    aubreyq and keizka like this.