Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    448 Global Posts
    What are my options for saving app data, apps, games, messages, etc. prior to switching over to a new WP8 phone? I currently have the original Samsung Focus and have pre-ordered the Lumia 920. I want to transfer games, apps and app data instead of having to reinstall everything through Zune or whatever.

New OS you're starting from scratch.

Global Posts
    1,290 Global Posts
    Microsoft didn't come up with any software that backs up everything to transfer data to a new phone... it's stupid..

Global Posts
    448 Global Posts
    So what, I'm going to have to re-purchase all the apps I bought through my old phone? I know that ones purchased through Zune are supposed to reload.

Global Posts
    1,290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cre8tivspirit View Post
    So what, I'm going to have to re-purchase all the apps I bought through my old phone? I know that ones purchased through Zune are supposed to reload.
    No... You would have to re-install them from windowsphone.com I think there is a software that backs up texts

Global Posts
    448 Global Posts
    Any idea what the name is of the app that saves texts? What about app data?

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    sooo did anyone confirm or not if purchased apps have to be bought again? just picked up my 8X and games/apps I purchased long ago were purchased again.

Edit: ok I think it's just my account and probably because it's been over a year since I used my old wp7 phone.
    Last edited by Villain; 11-19-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: added info

Your app purchases will transfer to your new phone. In fact, you can go to My Phone in the top right of the screen, then choose Purchase History. There, you can ser all of your purchases, and even send them to your phone from the site.

I just want to know how to transfer txt msgs as previously mentioned.

I'm also thinking very hard about what else I might want to carry over. Can't think of anything since it all starts to flow in si nicely when you put in your Microsoft account credentials.

P