Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37
Like Tree22Likes
  1. welsbloke's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    229 Posts
    #26  
    I am already of the opinion that nothing has changed for WP8.

    Still hidden in most places to the point you would be forgiven for thinking it had not even been released.

    The reviews still bang on about a lack of apps and clunky OS. Almost every review choses to highlight the OS as a negative point

    Like I said no change here then as this was petty much what happened to the 7.5 devices.
  2. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by scolab View Post
    So very true with Verizon too. I've been literally laughed at on more than one occasion by their corporate store staff. What a joke. It should be interesting to see how they handle the 8X and 822 now that they've been "trained".

    Now I just visit the store to get my hands on a device and then buy them online. Usually cheaper that way too.
    I have to agree I was also laughed at by Verizon's staff back when I purchased my trophy 2 years ago I read a lot of reviews online did my homework and I was ready to buy went to the store and was told by a very rude salesman I must be nuts to want this phone that they never sell these, I must tell you I walked out not purchasing this phone went home read more reviews for another week and I now felt I know more about the windows phone than any of the sales team in my Verizon store. I did indeed go back again and i purchased the greatest phone the HTC Trophy! the only windows phone available at the time and never regret it. Come on MS you need to train your carriers.
  3. #28  
    Microsoft has been working since 2010 to combat the problem but can't totally abolish bad attitudes.
  4. brmiller1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #29  
    My mother got completely ripped off by a rep at a corporate carrier store years ago.

    She walked in seeking a simple messaging phone with no data and 300 minutes per month.

    He sent her out with a high-end Android phone and the most expensive data, minute and text plan of the era, including "discounted long distance" to international destinations she would never call. Totally took advantage of her.

    I was incensed, walked back into the store the next day with her in tow, and completely blasted the unethical rep. Had her give the phone back and cancel service on the spot, and put her on my family plan.

    Unbelievable.
  5. Old_Cus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    411 Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by welsbloke View Post
    I am already of the opinion that nothing has changed for WP8.

    Still hidden in most places to the point you would be forgiven for thinking it had not even been released.

    The reviews still bang on about a lack of apps and clunky OS. Almost every review choses to highlight the OS as a negative point

    Like I said no change here then as this was petty much what happened to the 7.5 devices.
    People that donít research phones (which I believe as most) rely on friends, family or the sales personnel at a store. That has given sales staff a lot of influence and they have directed customers to where they, the sales person can make the most money.

    My family got into WP because when my son was looking for his first smart the salesman showed him a Focus and he fell in love with it. AT&T was having a by one get one free so he got the Focus and my wife got a LG Quantum. A year later when 7.5 devices were released I decided on a Focus S. I got the same ďwhy do you want a windows phone?Ē treatment but I told them that I wasnít a follow the crowd kind of guy so I had no interest in iphone and I didnít feel androidís werenít secure enough. I got my S and couldnít have been happier. This spring when I got my L900 (I had damaged the focus S) my experience was completely different. Nokia was pushing Lumia and all the employees were wearing Lumia t-shirts and sporting 900ís. I didnít even have to ask about the Lumia, I was directed right to them.

    Two years ago we had to almost fight to get a WP device but I donít think thatís the case today. Both AT&T and Verizon have as some investment in the platform. I believe that WP8 has reached a level of acceptance that will allow it a fair chance. As to the OP, Iíd stay away from kiosks unless I was buying a case or charger.
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.
  6. gtdad's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    27 Posts
       #31  
    About 2 months ago, the Verizon CEO told the stockholders that they would launch a large marketing effort for WP8 this fall, similar to what they did for Android 2-3 years ago. That it was their intention to make WP8 into a third viable option for their customers and hopefully build it up to where Apple, Android and WP8 each represent about 1/3 of their sales. Verizon felt that Apple and Google had too much power over them. With 3 players. Verizon would be able to flex their muscle when negotiating price and terms. Since then AT&T has expressed similar thoughts. This would require money for advertising and training. So far, I haven't seen any evidence of either.
  7. TaliZorah's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    623 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    #32  
    I hardly doubt WP8 will fail because of a few bad attitudes at kiosks.

    Everybody said WP7 would fail... It didn't. There's a lot of hype with WP8, Windows OS8, and surface tablets and they ARE selling these things. They all work so well together and lets not forget the Xbox which advertizes these things as well before you load up your game.

    WP8 will be fine. Will it pass Android or iOS? No time soon. We might be at WP10 by the time we are ready to talk about that. But so far yeah, there is plenty of room for them to be #3.
  8. jdom's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    132 Posts
    #33  
    no sales person is going to deter me from buying the Lumia 920
    if they don't have i'll just move on to another store until i find it(already have it)
  9. btgusto's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #34  
    I went to two ATT stores looking get my hands on the 920.

    First store I went to I asked if they had any 920s out for display. The girl looked at me with a confused look and said, "What's that?" then I said, "the Nokia Lumia 920" then she turned to ask another worker what I was talking about and he said "Oh the lumia 920? No, we wont get them until tomorrow morning." Didn't ATT have some training to atleast know the phone existed? I went back the next day for the launch after work. The Nokia was at the back of the store in the farthest corner from the entrance. No colors were available just black display model. WITH NO SIGNAGE! The black 920 did such a good job blending into the back corner. Even though I knew what I was looking for I still had to look twice to make sure it was the 920. By-the-way, all the reviewers who said it was a "tank" thick and heavy were ALL liars. Lost respect for them.

    I went to a second ATT and they only had dummy models locked in a draw and NOT ON DISPLAY. The sales rep. said to me "Why would I want a windows phone" WHAT? Are you kidding me. I nearly flipped when he said that. Then he tried talking me into buying an android model. So I said "Sure, show me the one that does not lag, does not have malware, and I don't have to do a hard re-set?" Then the guy said he switched from iphone to android and moving his music was easy and with windows you have to use zune. So I said, "Do your homework, buddy." laughed, then asked to see the dummy of the lumia. he refused. I pulled my phone out in the middle of the store called ATT customer service and file a complaint right in front of him and manager loud enough so other customers can hear me. then walked out.

    I probably went overboard BUT the lack of phones in all colors and sale people lack of knowledge about what they are selling got to me.
    MichaelBanning likes this.
  10. db4williams's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    My mother got completely ripped off by a rep at a corporate carrier store years ago.

    She walked in seeking a simple messaging phone with no data and 300 minutes per month.

    He sent her out with a high-end Android phone and the most expensive data, minute and text plan of the era, including "discounted long distance" to international destinations she would never call. Totally took advantage of her.

    I was incensed, walked back into the store the next day with her in tow, and completely blasted the unethical rep. Had her give the phone back and cancel service on the spot, and put her on my family plan.

    Unbelievable.
    What a ****** bag.
    I love selling WP8 to my friends and colleagues!
  11. db4williams's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by gusto View Post
    I went to two ATT stores looking get my hands on the 920.

    First store I went to I asked if they had any 920s out for display. The girl looked at me with a confused look and said, "What's that?" then I said, "the Nokia Lumia 920" then she turned to ask another worker what I was talking about and he said "Oh the lumia 920? No, we wont get them until tomorrow morning." Didn't ATT have some training to atleast know the phone existed? I went back the next day for the launch after work. The Nokia was at the back of the store in the farthest corner from the entrance. No colors were available just black display model. WITH NO SIGNAGE! The black 920 did such a good job blending into the back corner. Even though I knew what I was looking for I still had to look twice to make sure it was the 920. By-the-way, all the reviewers who said it was a "tank" thick and heavy were ALL liars. Lost respect for them.

    I went to a second ATT and they only had dummy models locked in a draw and NOT ON DISPLAY. The sales rep. said to me "Why would I want a windows phone" WHAT? Are you kidding me. I nearly flipped when he said that. Then he tried talking me into buying an android model. So I said "Sure, show me the one that does not lag, does not have malware, and I don't have to do a hard re-set?" Then the guy said he switched from iphone to android and moving his music was easy and with windows you have to use zune. So I said, "Do your homework, buddy." laughed, then asked to see the dummy of the lumia. he refused. I pulled my phone out in the middle of the store called ATT customer service and file a complaint right in front of him and manager loud enough so other customers can hear me. then walked out.

    I probably went overboard BUT the lack of phones in all colors and sale people lack of knowledge about what they are selling got to me.
    And these guys are supposed to be the premier WP8 carriers. Right.
    I love selling WP8 to my friends and colleagues!
  12. brmiller1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #37  
    I've been in two stores for AT&T and two for T-Mo.

    Right now, AT&T is all-out. They're wearing WP tee shirts, there are Lumia banners everywhere.

    The T-Mo guys said they're planning a big 8X push of their own starting next week. It's a lot better than any push I've seen for WP in the USA to date...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions