Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By graigsmith

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    ok. so the alarm is what i use to wake up on my iphone. it's always worked for me and never fails.

i was searching online about alarm type stuff for windows phone. and someone suggested a separate volume for alarms.

so like on the iphone the alarm DID have a separate volume, and even if i had turned down the volume accidentally the alarm would still happen and wake me up in the morning for work.

does windows phone 8 alarms work no matter if the volume is high or low.

also i can wake up to any song i want.

the song is not 100% important. but having the alarm work even if the phone is muted or in silent mode is important. has anyone been able to play with windows phone 8 yet and see if alarms work like that?
    Guitarpik likes this.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    another question. does the mobile site work for youtube? or is google being anticompetitive and letting youtube work on the iphone but not on the windows phone?

I believe that is how my windows phone 7 focus works. The only wanted, but not necessary, thing I'd like is the 'do not disturb' function that the iPhone has.
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

I'd really like to hear a definitive answer on this as well.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    yeah the DND function is nice. i have it auto enable at like 11 or so that way facebook sounds don't annoy me. as long as i can turn off noises for facebook i'll be good. lol. don't need noises for that crap anyways.

I used my WP7 phone for an alarm all the time. I usually turned the volume way down when going to bed, but that alarm always woke me up. I'm 99% certain the alarm volume is always loud.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    I'd like to know this as well. I still think I prefer how the BlackBerry worked... it would turn on and ring even if I turned the device off.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Cool. Thanks. What about music for alarm?

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I just went into WP7 (not 8) and turned my volume all the way down and the alarm still came on and made a sound. I do not see a way to wake up to anything other then the alarm sounds or a custom ringtone.

yah the alarm is always loud, ive been using that for my alarm for the last 2 years and never had a single issue.

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    I'd like to know this as well. I still think I prefer how the BlackBerry worked... it would turn on and ring even if I turned the device off.
    BlackBerry does so many things great. I use a Bold 9900 as my only device and nothing gets **** done like a BlackBerry. However I am still making the move to the Lumia 810 next week because I want a different user experience and a fresh OS. I just hope I don't find out later that I can't do what I'm used to doing on BB but it is what it is. I like the look and ecosystem of Windows Phone.