Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 106
Like Tree44Likes
  1.    #1  
    That's right folks, just like that, I received an email stating that my order was cancelled and I never called to cancel anything.

    This is the message I received.

    We're sorry, the backordered item below remains out of stock and your order has been canceled.

    Your credit card was not charged for this item. Any other payment method used on this order has been credited. To view the amount of the credit and updated order details, please check your order status.

    If you used a gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll send you a replacement.

    Item details are listed below.

    Questions about this cancellation? Call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, please have your order number ready when you call.

    Thank you.
    Best Buy Customer Service

    I spoke to a customer service rep mins ago and she told me that all pre orders placed online for the Nokia Lumia 920 will be cancelled as they were not supposed to put the pre order up online as they will not be getting any stock before the official AT&T launch.

    She said that is the main reason why the pre order links became inactive after a few hours of the pre order links going live.

    She said everyone will have to pre order the phone from their local AT&T store.

    This in opinion is unprofessional and messed up by best buy to do such a thing. A lot of folks will be highly pissed off and disappointed.

    I did however get a refund back for my giftcards used during the pre order.

    :@:@:@:@
  2. #2  
    I've heard Nokia is having production issues. Faulty screens is the word.
  3. STM 69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    75 Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    That's right folks, just like that, I received an email stating that my order was cancelled and I never called to cancel anything.

    This is the message I received.

    We're sorry, the backordered item below remains out of stock and your order has been canceled.

    Your credit card was not charged for this item. Any other payment method used on this order has been credited. To view the amount of the credit and updated order details, please check your order status.

    If you used a gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll send you a replacement.

    Item details are listed below.

    Questions about this cancellation? Call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, please have your order number ready when you call.

    Thank you.
    Best Buy Customer Service

    I spoke to a customer service rep mins ago and she told me that all pre orders placed online for the Nokia Lumia 920 will be cancelled as they were not supposed to put the pre order up online as they will not be getting any stock before the official AT&T launch.

    She said that is the main reason why the pre order links became inactive after a few hours of the pre order links going live.

    She said everyone will have to pre order the phone from their local AT&T store.

    This in opinion is unprofessional and messed up by best buy to do such a thing. A lot of folks will be highly pissed off and disappointed.

    I did however get a refund back for my giftcards used during the pre order.

    :@:@:@:@
    Not surprised.
  4.    #4  
    I am highly pissed and angry!
  5. STM 69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    75 Posts
    #5  
    I haven't received the email yet, but was planning on canceling tomorrow anyway.
  6. Guitarpik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    224 Posts
    #6  
    Looks like things are taking a turn for the worse. I didn't even think that was possible.
  7. baseballbert's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,523 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,776 Global Posts
    #7  
    HTC 8X?

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
  8. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarpik View Post
    Looks like things are taking a turn for the worse. I didn't even think that was possible.

    Uh...you guys realize those Best Buy preorders were a screw up on Best Buy's part right?

    They were never suppose to start preorders.
    aubreyq and Old_Cus like this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Uh...you guys realize those Best Buy preorders were a screw up on Best Buy's part right?

    They were never suppose to start preorders.
    I did think it was strange that the pre orders was pulled 2hrs after the pre order links went live.
  10. Guitarpik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    224 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Uh...you guys realize those Best Buy preorders were a screw up on Best Buy's part right?

    They were never suppose to start preorders.
    Regardless, why cancel them now?

    I'm really starting to think they screwed up the price and are going to cancel now before AT&T reveals the true price of $199.

    Hope I'm wrong.
  11. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    I did think it was strange that the pre orders was pulled 2hrs after the pre order links went live.
    It's because the 21st was originally suppose to be the preorder date, but it was pushed back. Best Buy screwed up and didn't remove it from their weekly ad or their system.

    No idea what Independent is saying about screen problems. He is talking out of his *** on that one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarpik View Post
    Regardless, why cancel them now?

    I'm really starting to think they screwed up the price and are going to cancel now before AT&T reveals the true price of $199.

    Hope I'm wrong.


    With preorders, they will continually ping your credit card for verification of funds. If at any point it is denied, the order will be cancelled. Which is probably what happened here. The bank thought the constant charges were suspicious and denied the ping.

    $149 is the correct price. If you followed the front page of WPCentral you would know that.
    theefman likes this.
  12.    #12  
    No idea what Independent is saying about screen problems. He is talking out of his *** on that one.
    lol
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    It's because the 21st was originally suppose to be the preorder date, but it was pushed back. Best Buy screwed up and didn't remove it from their weekly ad or their system.

    No idea what Independent is saying about screen problems. He is talking out of his *** on that one.






    With preorders, they will continually ping your credit card for verification of funds. If at any point it is denied, the order will be cancelled. Which is probably what happened here. The bank thought the constant charges were suspicious and denied the ping.

    $149 is the correct price. If you followed the front page of WPCentral you would know that.
    That's incorrect, they pinged my account once and that was verified by the bank. I got a lot of funds in my account so the issue is not lack of funds.
  14. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    That's incorrect, they pinged my account once and that was verified by the bank. I got a lot of funds in my account so the issue is not lack of funds.
    Lack of funds isn't the problem. It's the bank wondering why they are trying to charge you again when there is still one pending, so they deny it because it's suspicious. My guess is that's what happened.

    Or they are cancelling all of them because of the screw up and just haven't gotten tot hem all. I cancelled mine so I could go through AT&T. I want my free wireless charging pad.
  15. Guitarpik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    224 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post

    $149 is the correct price. If you followed the front page of WPCentral you would know that.
    lol really? The front page also said the phone was releasing on 11/4. They even gave it a 10 on their rumormeter.

    I'm mostly just speculating and I think your speculation on why the preorders are being cancelled makes no sense at all.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Lack of funds isn't the problem. It's the bank wondering why they are trying to charge you again when there is still one pending, so they deny it because it's suspicious. My guess is that's what happened.

    Or they are cancelling all of them because of the screw up and just haven't gotten tot hem all. I cancelled mine so I could go through AT&T. I want my free wireless charging pad.
    Just spoke to a customer service rep from wellsfargo, they only pinged my account once to make sure the funds was there. The bank said there were no issues of constantly being pinged.
  17. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarpik View Post
    lol really? The front page also said the phone was releasing on 11/4. They even gave it a 10 on their rumormeter.

    I'm mostly just speculating and I think your speculation on why the preorders are being cancelled makes no sense at all.
    1) AT&T is the carrier. They have yet to have a preorder. This alone should tell you that Best Buy's preorder was a screwup.

    2) The original date WAS the 4th. And it was then pushed back to the 9th/11th.

    Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    Just spoke to a customer service rep from wellsfargo, they only pinged my account once to make sure the funds was there. The bank said there were no issues of constantly being pinged.

    Then read the former and not the latter. It just means you get to preorder from AT&T directly and get a free wireless charging pad.
  18. Guitarpik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    224 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Lack of funds isn't the problem. It's the bank wondering why they are trying to charge you again when there is still one pending, so they deny it because it's suspicious. My guess is that's what happened.

    Or they are cancelling all of them because of the screw up and just haven't gotten tot hem all. I cancelled mine so I could go through AT&T. I want my free wireless charging pad.
    Ok so now that we know your ping issue doesn't hold any water you are saying they are canceling orders just cuz they screwed up and started early? Again makes no sense. Why cancel now and not in the few days after the screwup?
    I think a lot of people are going to be really pissed off when AT&T announces the phone is $199. Im taking cover.
  19. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarpik View Post
    Ok so now that we know your ping issue doesn't hold any water you are saying they are canceling orders just cuz they screwed up and started early? Again makes no sense.
    I think a lot of people are going to be really pissed off when AT&T announces the phone is $199. Im taking cover.
    I don't work for Best Buy. I am just speculating. This is a problem with Best Buy. Not AT&T or Nokia.

    And it says $149 for AT&T On Nokia's on web page.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    1) AT&T is the carrier. They have yet to have a preorder. This alone should tell you that Best Buy's preorder was a screwup.

    2) The original date WAS the 4th. And it was then pushed back to the 9th/11th.




    Then read the former and not the latter. It just means you get to preorder from AT&T directly and get a free wireless charging pad.
    That's not so bad, or I can just pre order the unlocked version from expansys and sit tight and wait
  21. brmiller1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #21  
    Another example of Nokia's outstanding launch, and why they'll sell millions of these in the USA... :P
    aubreyq and ycy198472 like this.
  22. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Another example of Nokia's outstanding launch, and why they'll sell millions of these in the USA... :P
    Best Buy screwed up preorders with both the 920 and 8X.

    Fail troll is fail.
  23. brmiller1976's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #23  
    Right, of course. This is all part of the buildup to rolling thunder, where a tidal wave of Nokias will drown all in their path! Any fool can see the pure genius of this brilliant launch.
    aubreyq likes this.
  24. STM 69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    75 Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Another example of Nokia's outstanding launch, and why they'll sell millions of these in the USA... :P
    This was a BB screw up, not Nokia.
  25. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Right, of course. This is all part of the buildup to rolling thunder, where a tidal wave of Nokias will drown all in their path! Any fool can see the pure genius of this brilliant launch.
    I'm confused. What does this have to do with Nokia at all? The Carrier launches the phone in the U.S. not Nokia. And once again, the screw-up was for both the 920 and the 8X.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions